Emergency Weather Plan - snow or ice delays
ALTERNATE SCHEDULING for SNOW and/or ICE DELAYS
- BAD WEATHER PLAN - HOTRHF will observe Waco ISD delayed openings and closure -
HOTRHF will open one hour later than Waco ISD delayed openings - the numbered project presentations will start in their order as scheduled, running on the "delayed opening" time of HOTRHF
ANNUAL 2015 FEBRUARY HEART OF TEXAS REGIONAL HISTORY FAIR
PLEASE observe your own ISD delayed openings and closures - HOTRHF will work out judging for your projects with your teachers.
delayed opening on Friday due to weather
Alternate Plan -A-
1. IF ice/snow causes participating school I.S.D.s to delay opening schools for the day - HOTRHF fair will delay opening ONE HOUR later than the schools.
ALL Documentary and Performance presentations will begin their schedule according to the one-hour delay to start with the project number order that has previously been sent to all schools.
FINAL Exhibit Judging would still take place for 5th Grade, Jr. & Sr. Divisions from 1:00 - 3:00 WITH students present at their projects. NOTE: 5th Grade Division Exhibit judging will move from their 9:00 am start to 1:00 pm start
closing due to weather on Thursday
Alternate Plan -B- Entire fair takes place on Friday
1. If ice/snow closes participating school I.S.D.s, or otherwise makes it impractical for the HOTRHF 2015 to open on Thursday, February 19 the entire fair will take place on Friday, February 20.
...a. All Registration would move to Friday morning beginning at 8:30 to 11:00 am
...b. 8:30 to 9:00 Performance and Documentaries would still begin on time, with their registration taking place AFTER their presentation. All other students, register as you come in.
...c. EXCEPTION: Jr. Individual Exhibit & Group Exhibit set-up MUST be done immediately between 8:30 to 9:00 a.m.
LATE ARRIVALS for Junior Exhibits will not be allowed to set up for PRELIMINARY Judging once the judges are on the floor.
Preliminary Judging would take place from 9:00 am - 12 noon ON FRIDAY MORNING.
The Barfield Room will be cleared of all students unless they are: 5th Grade students being judged, or Senior Division Exhibits being set-up
FINAL Exhibit Judging for 5th Grade to start at 9:00-11:00, Jr. & Sr. Divisions start at 1:00 - 3:00 WITH students present at their projects.
2. Awards Ceremony may have to be delayed for start at 5:30 pm in the Barfield Room of the Bill Daniel Student Center.
early closure during Friday due to weather
Alternate Plan -C-
1. If ice/snow inhibits the completion of the HOTRHF 2015 during the afternoon on Friday, February 20, the following plan will be used.
...a. If the fair can continue to finish all judging, but has to cancel the Awards Ceremony, the Awards Ceremony will be delayed. Location, date and time will be announced when available.
Closure of participating I.S.D. schools
Alternate Plan -D- it is unfair to hold the fair if participating school districts are closed due to weather and an alternate judging procedure cannot be worked out for them - HOTRHF requests attention to be paid not only to your own school district, but to all those I.S.D.s announced previously as participants.
Please remember this region includes all the schools in 14 surrounding counties - not all the schools participate, check with your teacher to find out what other I.S.D.s are in this year's competition.
1. If ice/snow closes participating school I.S.Ds, or otherwise makes it impractical for the HOTRHF 2015 to open on either Thursday, February 19 or Friday, February 20:
...a. The entire HOTRHF 2015 will be moved to a date to-be announced.
...b. The Schedule of Events and presentation time schedules will remain exactly the same that were worked out for the original fair dates. Teachers will receive immediate notification in this situation.
...c. Location to be announced.
THIS IS AN ALTERNATE BAD WEATHER PLAN ONLY
- IT WILL NOT BE USED UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY -
IF THERE ARE CLOSURES OR DELAYS IN OPENING
THE FAIR WILL USE THIS PLAN
For additional information contact your teacher
HOTRHF NOTE: This page is current and up to date for 2015.