Emergency weather plan
Alternate Scheduling for Snow and/or Ice Delays
Late winter weather in Central Texas can wreak havoc on plans. Please pay attention to weather forecasts and be aware that we have several courses of action we can take, depending on the particular situation that week. Teachers will be notified as soon as a decision is made.
Plan A: Delayed opening on Friday due to weather
- If ice/snow causes participating school ISDs to delay opening schools for the day, HOTRHF fair will delay opening ONE HOUR later than the schools.
- ALL Documentary and Performance presentations will begin their schedule according to the one-hour delay to start with the project number order that has previously been sent to all schools.
- Final Exhibit Judging would still take place for 5th Grade, Junior & Senior Divisions from 1:00 - 3:00 with students present at their projects.
- NOTE: 5th Grade Division Exhibit judging will move from their 9:00 am start to 1:00 pm start.
Plan B: Closing due to weather on Thursday, entire fair takes place on Friday
- If ice/snow closes participating school ISDs, or otherwise makes it impractical for HOTRHF to open on Thursday, the entire fair will take place on Friday.
- All registration would move to Friday morning beginning at 8:30 am.
- 8:30 to 9:00 am: Performance and Documentaries would still begin on time, with their registration taking place after their presentation. All other students, register as you arrive.
- EXCEPTION: Junior Individual Exhibit & Group Exhibit set-up MUST be done immediately between 8:30 to 9:00 am. Late arrivals for Junior Exhibits will not be allowed to set up for preliminary Judging once the judges are on the floor.
- Preliminary Judging would take place from 9:00 am - 12 noon on Friday morning.
- At 9:00 am, the Barfield Room will be cleared of all students unless they are 5th Grade students being judged or Senior Division setting up exhibits. Final Exhibit Judging for 5th Grade to be held from 9:00 - 11:00 am. Final Exhibit Judging for Junior & Senior Divisions to be held from 1:00 - 3:00 pm with students present at their projects.
- The Awards Ceremony may have to be delayed.
Plan C: Early closure due to weather on Friday
- If ice/snow inhibits the completion of the HOTRHF during the afternoon on Friday, the following plan will be used:
- If the fair can continue to finish all judgin but has to cancel the Awards Ceremony, the Awards Ceremony will be delayed.
- Location, date and time of rescheduled Awards Ceremony will be announced when available.
Plan D: Reschedule entire fair due to closure of participating ISD schools due to weather
It is unfair to hold the fair if participating school districts are closed due to weather and an alternate judging procedure cannot be worked out for them. HOTRHF requests attention to be paid not only to your own school district, but to all those ISDs announced previously as participants. Please remember this region includes schools in 14 surrounding counties. If ice/snow closes participating school ISDs or otherwise makes it impractical for the HOTRHF to proceed as scheduled:
This is an alternate bad weather plan only. It will not be used unless absolutely necessary. If there are closures or delays in opening, the HOTRHF will use this plan. For additional information, please contact your teacher.
- The entire HOTRHF will be moved to a date and location to be announced.
- The schedule of events and presentation time schedules will remain exactly the same that were worked out for the original fair dates. Teachers will receive immediate notification in this situation.