|Dr. Kimberly R. Kellison, Interim Chair||Tidwell Bible Building, 2nd Floor, Waco, TX 76798 | 254-710-2667|
Assistant Professor of History
- Modern Britain, Cultural History, Evangelicalism
- PhD, Indiana University, 2011
- BA, Calvin College, 2001
Academic Interests and Research:
My current research focuses on the intersection between evangelicalism and the transitions of modernity in Britain, 1780-1851.
Selected Research Articles:
- "Silent Preachers in the Age of Ingenuity: Faith, Commerce, and Religious Tracts in Early Nineteenth-Century Britain," Church History 80:3 (2011), 547-574. The American Society of Church History awarded this article the Sidney E. Mead Prize.
Professional Awards/Activities/Grants and/or Fellowships:
- Sidney E. Mead Prize, American Society of Church History, 2011.
- Graduate Dissertation Fellowship, Center for Eighteenth-Century Studies, Indiana University, 2010-2011.
- Burgan Prize, Midwest Victorian Studies Association, 2010.
- Bernadotte Schmitt Grant, American Historical Association, 2009.
- NACBS-Huntington Library Fellowship, North American Conference on British Studies, 2009.
- Walter L. Arnstein Prize, Midwest Victorian Studies Association, 2009.
- W.M. Keck Foundation Fellowship, Huntington Library, 2009.
- Winterthur Research Fellowship, Winterthur Museum, 2009.
- Jay and Deborah Last Fellowship, American Antiquarian Society, 2008.
Courses Taught at Baylor:
- HIS 1307 World History since 1500
- HIS 4340 The British Empire
- HIS 4340 Britain in the Eighteenth Century
- HIS 4345 Britain in the Nineteenth Century
- HIS 4346 Britain in the Twentieth Century