Baylor > Health Center > About Us > Mission Statement/ Statement on Public Health
The mission statement of Health Services is to facilitate the academic success and retention of students by maintaining their maximum health and wellness through the delivery of quality medical care in a Christian environment.
Health Center Goals
1. Offer a high quality primary health care service that is accessible, efficient, personalized, and cost effective.
2. Promote healthy lifestyles through inter-departmental programming and education with a focus on lifelong personal wellness.
3. Support and maintain a healthy campus environment.
Statement on Public Health
Baylor University recognizes the importance of creating and maintaining a healthy campus environment for students, faculty, and staff. Baylor is committed to a policy of preventing the spread of infectious diseases and assisting any whose life is affected by them. To these ends the following goals have been adopted:
1. With a firm commitment to biblical teachings, actions and policies will be based on current and reliable information. The University�s goal is to remain abreast of current data and research and use this information in shaping its policies.
2. A vigorous program of health education for all segments of the university community will be pursued. Efforts already begun will be expanded to permit the entire university community-faculty, staff, and students-to have access to reliable information.
3. To protect the health and well being of the campus, all students will be required to submit a complete health form that includes documented immunization history.
4. Clinics will be held at regular intervals to provide preventive vaccines for flu and meningitis.
5. Participation in educational seminars and conferences as well as maintaining an ongoing dialogue and planning with state and federal public health agencies, the American College Health Association, and local health systems will enhance campus health services and provide assistance in the case of epidemics and pandemics.
6. Additional policies and procedures, consistent with Christian, educational, and legal standards will protect individual rights and will be adopted as necessary to address the basic purpose of preserving good health. Any confidential medical information about an individual will be handled in compliance with legal requirements and professional ethical standards.