Baylor > Health Center > About Us > Patient Rights & Responsibilities
Patient Rights & Responsibilities
As a patient, you have the right to:
• Be treated with dignity and respect.
• Know the names and credentials of the health care team involved in your care.
• Be provided appropriate privacy.
• Confidentiality of all information and records regarding your care.
• Receive accurate information about your diagnosis, evaluation, treatment, and prognosis.
• Participate in decisions involving your health care except when such participation is contraindicated for medical reasons.
• Select and/or change your healthcare provider depending on availability.
• Obtain a copy of your medical record in paper and/or in electronic form.
• A reasonable attempt to be spoken to in your primary language.
• Information regarding patient rights and responsibilities, services available, provisions for after-hours care, fees for services, payment policies, and accurate information regarding the competence and capabilities of the organization.
• Register a complaint or provide useful feedback regarding services to the clinic staff or through the Health Services website feedback form.
As a patient, you have the responsibility to:
• Provide an accurate and complete medical history including current and past illnesses, medications, dietary supplements and allergies or sensitivities.
• Comply with the treatment plan prescribed by your provider or express concerns about your ability to comply.
• Report any significant change in symptoms or failure to improve.
• Provide a responsible adult to transport you home from the facility and remain with you for 24 hours if required by your provider.
• Provide current contact information and any information needed for processing insurance claims in a timely manner.
• To understand the coverage provided by your insurance policy and accept personal financial responsibility for any charges not covered by your insurance.
• Arrive at your appointment on time.
• Treat fellow patients and Health Services staff with the same courtesy and respect that you expect from them in return.