Baylor > Health Center > Services Available > Patient Rights & Responsibilities
Patient Rights & Responsibilities
Patients have the right to:
• be treated with dignity and respect.
• know the names and credentials of the health care team involved in your care.
• be provided appropriate privacy.
• confidentiality of all information and records regarding your care.
• receive accurate information about your diagnosis, evaluation, treatment, and prognosis.
• participate in decisions involving your health care except when such participation is contraindicated for medical reasons.
• select and/or change your healthcare provider depending on availability.
• obtain a copy of your medical record.
• information regarding patient rights and responsibilities, services available, provisions to after-hours care, fees for services, payment policies, and accurate information regarding the competence and capabilities of the organization.
Patients have the responsibility to:
• provide an accurate and complete medical history including current and past illnesses, medications, dietary supplements and allergies or sensitivities.
• comply with the treatment plan prescribed by your provider or express concerns about your ability to comply.
• report any significant change in symptoms or failure to improve.
• provide a responsible adult to transport you home from the facility and remain with you for 24 hours if required by your provider.
• provide current contact information and any information needed for processing insurance claims in a timely manner.
• to understand the coverage provided by your insurance policy and accept personal financial responsibility for any charges not covered by your insurance.
• arrive at your appointment on time.
• register a complaint or provide useful feedback regarding services to the clinic staff or through the Health Services website feedback form.
• treat fellow patients and Health Services staff with the same courtesy and respect that you expect from them in return.
Revised May, 2012