Steps to join the Golden Wave Band (2013)
2. Fill out the Golden Wave Band Interest Form. All students who are interested in joining the band need to fill out this form. It generates an e-mail to the Directors and adds your name to our database. We can send you updates on auditions and other important information.
3. Attend one of Baylor's two-day New Student Orientation Sessions during the month of June. Visit the Golden Wave Band Information Table on the first day during the Dr. Pepper Hour (2:15 - 3:15 PM in the first floor of the Moody Library).
4. Audition for the Band. Details regarding the auditions for Woodwinds & Brass, Drumline, Color Guard, and Golden Girls are located in the links on the left (under Prospective Members link).
If you are a music major, your acceptance into the School of Music serves as your audition for the Golden Wave Band, unless you wish to participate in the Drumline or the Color Guard in which case you will need to audition for those sections.
IF YOU ARE/WERE UNABLE TO ATTEND A NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION or YOUR ORIENTATION HAS PASSED AND YOU DIDN'T HAVE A CHANCE TO AUDITION, YOU CAN STILL JOIN! You will need to either schedule an on-campus audition at a separate time or send (via e-mail preferred) a recorded audition in either MP3 or recorded video format. We request all alternate on-site auditions or recorded auditions be
completed or sent to the Directors by Thursday, June 20, 2013. If you
miss this deadline, please contact us (click here to email) immediately and we will work to get you in the group.
5. Register for the Band.
You may register in one of two ways. If you are new to Baylor you will see an advisor on the second day or your summer orientation session in
June. During this session you will plan your class schedule according to your major. Tell the advisor you wish to add marching band to your schedule (MUS 0102). You may also visit BearWeb and add the class (MUS 0102) to your schedule.
Some students have small time conflicts in which a course overlaps with a small portion of rehearsal. This does not usually occur for incoming freshman. Students with small conflicts may contact the director and with approval, enroll in Section 02, which has a time TBA. This allows for you to enroll in marching band and the conflicting class. The director must approve the conflict to provide access to sign up for Section 02.
Note: Your audition time may be scheduled during the second day of your orientation session, but after your advisement time for class schedule. If this is the case you may register for band even though you have not completed your audition.
If you register for band (non-music majors) but did not schedule an audition during your orientation session, you will need to contact us (GoldenWaveBand@baylor.edu) immediately to schedule an audition or to turn in a recorded audition. Recorded auditions can be e-mailed to us in either MP3 or video format. ALL NEW STUDENTS who are not music education or music performance majors MUST AUDITION FOR THE GOLDEN WAVE BAND.
After you register for classes and receive your Bear ID and
Password, your name will be added to our class database. You will have immediate access to all the online Golden Wave Band information (music, schedules, handbooks, etc.) located on Blackboard.
6. Check your e-mail for communication in July. Starting in early July we will send e-mails to students who are registered for the class with details regarding the following: 1) the season schedule, 2) process for getting music, 3) pre-season online forms, and 4) information regarding early move-in and Band Week.
PLEASE BE AWARE - WE SEND ALL COMMUNICATION TO STUDENTS VIA E-MAIL ONLY. Students must be registered for the class to receive our information. If by mid-July you have not received an e-mail communication from us, please let us know so we can ensure we have the correct contact information for you and so we can get you all the appropriate materials!
7. Come to Band Week (and Early Move-in). Band week starts exactly one week before classes in the fall term and early move-in for on-campus students occurs during the first morning of Band Week. For the 2013 season this date is Monday, August 19th from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM. Further details regarding move-in and Band week will be provided once you are enrolled in the Golden Wave Band.
Baylor University School of Music | PO Box 97408 | Waco, TX 76798 | 254.710.1122