Professor of Theology
- Ph.D., Duke University
- M.Div., Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- M.M.E., University of Colorado
- B.M.E., University of Colorado, Boulder
- Philosophical Theology, Ecclesiology, Theological Ethics
Christian Theology (Systematic and Philosophical Theology, Theological Ethics). Philosophy, Hermeneutics, and Social Theory
- Can These Bones Live? A Catholic Baptist Engagement with Ecclesiology, Hermeneutics, and Social Theory. (Brazos Press, 2008)
- StormFront: The Good News of God, with James V. Brownson, Inagrace T. Dietterich and Charles C. West (Eerdmans, 2003)
- Another City: An Ecclesiological Primer for a Post-Christian World (Trinity Press International, 1999)
- Politics of the Theological: Beyond the Piety and Power of A World Come of Age (Peter Lang, 1995).
- "Life in Exile, Life in the Middle of the Village: A Contribution of Dietrich Bonhoeffer to a Post-Christendom Ecclesiology," in Dietrich Bonhoeffers Theologie heute, ed. Christiane Tietz, Stephen J. Plant and John W. de Gruchy. G�tersloh: G�tersloher, 2009, 227�41.
- "Preserving the World for Christ: Toward a Theological Engagement with the �Secular'," Scottish Journal of Theology 61 (January 2008): 64-82.
- "Augustine and Thomas Aquinas in the Theology of Dietrich Bonhoeffer," in Bonhoeffer's Intellectual Formation: Theology and Philosophy in His Thought, edited by Peter Frick. T�bingen: Mohr Siebeck, 2008, 11�29.
Work in Progress
Book project on Dietrich Bonhoeffer and Herbert McCabe, O.P.