The application process begins with an Army healthcare recruiter assigned to your state of residence. The process from initial contact with a recruiter until the start of the US Army-Baylor University DPT Program is 14-18 months.
- Interested applicant contacts an Army healthcare recruiter
- Recruiter determines applicant's eligibility for DPT program (PREREQUISITES).
- Screening: prerequisite courses and observational hours in PT.
- Applicant submits ALL official transcripts to recruiter.
- Applicant undergoes a military entrance physical examination by a qualified medical provider.
- Preparation and finalization of complete board packet (September-December)
- All application documents due to recruiters by 1 December.
- Phone interview by DPT faculty member during December-January (FACULTY)
- Selection Board meets (February)
- Selected applicants are notified (March) by recruiter
- Baylor University Graduate School applications (GoBaylorGrad) are sent to selected applicants and completed (May-July)
- Civilian applicants enter active duty service in the US Army or US Navy and begin initial entrance training at Joint Base San Antonio for Army selected applicants, or Naval Station Newport, RI for Navy selected applicants (September-December).
- DPT Program Orientation (December) with all Army, Navy and Air Force students.
- DPT Program begins Phase 1 - didactic training (January) and lasts 18 months (CURRICULUM).
- DPT Program conducts comprehensive oral examinations (July)
- DPT Program begins Phase 2 - clinical internship (July) and lasts 12 months (CLINICAL EDUCATION.)
- DPT Students graduate (August) (ALUMNI ASSOCIATION).
DPT graduates take National Licensure Examination.