- About the Program
- Prospective Students
- Professional Courses
- Alumni Association
Published Journal Articles By Military Physical Therapists While on Active-Duty in Peer-Reviewed Journals
1. Currier, DP, Greathouse, DG, Swift, T. Sensory nerve conduction: Effect of ultrasound. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. Apr 1978;59(4):181-185.
2. Reinker, KA, Ozburne, S. A comparison of male and female orthopaedic pathology in basic training. Mil Med. Aug 1979;144(8):532-536.
3. Nitz, AJ, Scoville, CR. Use of ultrasound in early detection of stress fractures of the medial tibial plateau. Mil Med. Dec 1980;145(12):844-846.
4. Quillen, WS. Phonophoresis: A review of the literature and technique. Athletic Training. 1980;15(2):109-110.
6. Hansen, JT, Christie, DS. Rat carotid body catecholamines determined by high performance liquid
chromatography with electrochemical detection. Life Sci.
8. Quillen, WS, Rouillier, L. Lateral ankle sprains: An alternative management protocol. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 1981;2(3):187-190.
9. Quillen, WS, Kremser, GL. Home rehabilitation of ankle ligament injuries. Clinical Management in Physical Therapy. 1981;1(1):16-17.
10. Dobner, JJ, Nitz, AJ. Postmeniscectomy tourniquet palsy and functional sequelae. Am J Sports Med. Jul-Aug 1982;10(4):211-214.
11. Hansen, JT, Brokaw, J, Christie, DS, Karasek, M. Localization of enkephalin-like immunoreactivity in the cat carotid and aortic body chemoreceptors. Anat Rec. Jul 1982;203(3):405-410.
12. Quillen, WS. Velocity spectrum rehabilitation with isokinetics: A protocol rationale for clinical knee rehabilitation. Clinical Management in Physical Therapy. Summer 1982;2:9-10.
13. Quillen, WS, Rouillier, LH. Initial management of acute ankle sprains with rapid pulsed pneumatic compression and cold. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. Summer 1982;4(1):39-43.
14. Brudvig, TJ, Gudger, TD, Obermeyer, L. Stress fractures in 295 trainees: A one-year study of incidence as related to age, sex, and race. Mil Med. Aug 1983;148(8):666-667.
15. Christie, DS, Hansen, JT. Cytochemical evidence for the existence of norepinephrine-containing glomus cells in the rat carotid body. J Neurocytol. Dec 1983;12(6):1041-1053.
17. Brokaw, JJ, Hansen, JT, Christie, DS. The effects of hypoxia on catecholamine dynamics in the rat carotid body. J Auton Nerv Syst. May 1985;13(1):35-47.
18. Champney, TH,
Steger, RW, Christie,
DS, Reiter, RJ. Alterations in components of the pineal melatonin
synthetic pathway by acute insulin stress in the rat and syrian hamster. Brain Res.
19. Gilmore, RL, Bass, NH, Wright, EA, Greathouse, DG, Stanback, K, Norvell, E. Developmental assessment of spinal cord and cortical evoked potentials after tibial nerve stimulation: Effects of age and stature on normative data during childhood. Electroencephalogr Clin Neurophysiol. Jul 1985;62(4):241-251.
20. Greathouse, DG, Currier, DP, Gilmore, RL. Effects of clinical infrared laser on superficial radial nerve conduction. Phys Ther. Aug 1985;65(8):1184-1187.
21. Nitz, AJ, Dobner, JJ, Kersey, D. Nerve injury and Grades II and III ankle sprains. Am J Sports Med. May-Jun 1985;13(3):177-182.
22. Greathouse, DG, Nitz, AJ, Matulionis, DH, Currier, DP. Effects of short-term electrical stimulation on the ultrastructure of rat skeletal muscles. Phys Ther. Jun 1986;66(6):946-953.
23. Halle, JS, Franklin, R, Karalfa, B. Comparison of four physical therapy modalities in the treatment of lateral epicondylitis. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 1986;8:62-70.
24. Nitz, AJ, Dobner, JJ, Matulionis, DH. Pneumatic tourniquet application and nerve integrity: Motor function and electrophysiology. Exp Neurol. Nov 1986;94(2):264-279.
25. Christie, DS, Forbes, ME, Maxwell, GD. Phenotypic properties of catecholamine-positive cells that differentiate in avian neural crest cultures. J Neurosci. Nov 1987;7(11):3749-3763.
26. Quillen, WS. Neuromuscular electrical stimulation (NMES) utilization in rehabilitative treatment of muscular inhibition and atrophy. Forum Medicine. 1987(October).
27. Nitz, AJ, Dobner, JJ. High intensity electrical stimulation effect on thigh musculature during immobilization for knee sprain. A case report. Phys Ther. Feb 1987;67(2):219-222.
28. Hartshorne, MF, Greathouse, DG, Byrd, BF, Telepak, RJ, Underwood, FB, Bauman, JM. Effects of inversion on cardiovascular function: The bat scan. Am J Physiol Imaging. 1988;3(2):99-103.
29. Maxwell, GD,
30. Quillen, WS. Manual therapy: Mobilization of the motion restricted knee. Athletic Training. 1988;23:123-130.
32. Greathouse, DG, Currier, DP, Joseph, BS, Shippee, RL, Matulionis, DH. Electrophysiologic responses of human sural nerve to temperature. Phys Ther. Nov 1989;69(11):914-922.
33. Greathouse, DG, Underwood, FB, Tuttle, P. Roth technique--A new approach for measuring sensory neural conduction in the median and ulnar nerves: Suggestion from the field. Phys Ther. Sep 1989;69(9):777-779.
34. Harkins, GJ, Jayne, D, Massullo, L, Norton, K, Underwood, FB, Finstuen, K, Greathouse, DG. Effects of gender and handedness on neural conduction in humans. J Clin Electrophysiol. 1989;-13.
35. Mosner, EA,
36. Nitz, AJ, Dobner, JJ. Upper extremity tourniquet effects in carpal tunnel release. J Hand Surg [Am]. May 1989;14(3):499-504.
37. Nitz, AJ, Dobner, JJ, Matulionis, DH. Structural assessment of rat sciatic nerve following tourniquet compression and vascular manipulation. Anat Rec. Sep 1989;225(1):67-76.
38. Ayotte, K, Boswell, L, Hansen, D, Priest, A, Finstuen, K, Daigle, W, Greathouse, DG. A comparison of orthodromic and antidromic sensory neural conduction latencies and amplitudes for the palmar branch of the median nerve in healthy subjects. J Clin Electrophysiol. 1990;2:9-12.
40. Underwood, FB, Kremser, G, Finstuen, K, Greathouse, DG. Increasing involuntary torque production by using TENS. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 1990;12(3):101-104.
41. Bauer, DM, Finch, DC, McGough, KP, Benson,
CJ, Finstuen, K,
42. Friedl, KE, Dettori, JR, Hannan, CJ, Jr., Patience, TH, Plymate, SR. Comparison of the effects of high dose testosterone and 19-nortestosterone to a replacement dose of testosterone on strength and body composition in normal men. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 1991;40(4-6):607-612.
43. Ayotte, K, Boswell, L, Handsen, D, Priest, A, Daigle, W, Finstuen, K, Greathouse, DG. A comparison of orthodromic ring, antidromic ring, and Roth techniques for obtaining sensory neural conduction latencies and amplitudes for the median and ulnar nerves in healthy subjects. J Clin Electrophysiol. 1992;4(1):12-18.
44. Friedl, KE, Nuovo, JA, Patience, TH, Dettori, JR. Factors associated with stress fracture in young army women: Indications for further research. Mil Med. Jul 1992;157(7):334-338.
45. Quillen, WS,
47. Bryan, JM, Geroy, GD, Isernhagen, SJ. Nonclinical competencies for physical therapists consulting with business and industry. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. Dec 1993;18(6):673-681.
48. Flynn, TW, Soutas-Little, RW. Mechanical power and muscle action during forward and backward running. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. Feb 1993;17(2):108-112.
49. McCollam, RL, Benson, CJ. Effects of postero-anterior mobilization on lumbar extension and flexion. J Manual Manipulative Ther. Fall 1993;1(4):134-141.
50. Bryan, JM, Geroy, GD, Isernhagen, SJ. Nonclinical competencies: A survey of occupational health physical therapists. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. May 1994;19(5):305-311.
51. Dettori, JR, Pearson, BD, Basmania, CJ, Lednar, WM. Early ankle mobilization, Part I: The immediate effect on acute, lateral ankle sprains (a randomized clinical trial). Mil Med. Jan 1994;159(1):15-20.
52. Dettori, JR, Basmania, CJ. Early ankle mobilization. Part II: A one-year follow-up of acute, lateral ankle sprains (a randomized clinical trial). Mil Med. Jan 1994;159(1):20-24.
53. Flynn, TW, Connery, SM,
54. Greathouse, DG, Schreck, RC, Benson, CJ. The United States Army physical therapy experience: Evaluation and treatment of patients with neuromusculoskeletal disorders. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. May 1994;19(5):261-266.
56. Sander, TC, Schrank, E, Kelln, B, Quillen, WS, Sellin, B, Underwood, FB, Finstuen, K. Differences in torque generation by trial and three different waveforms. J Clin Electrophysiol. 1994;-13.
57. Underwood, FB, Laughlin, MH, Sturek, M. Altered control of calcium in coronary smooth muscle cells by exercise training. Med Sci Sports Exerc. Oct 1994;26(10):1230-1238.
60. Benson, CJ, Schreck, RC, Underwood, FB, Greathouse, DG. The role of Army physical therapists as nonphysician health care providers who prescribe certain medications: Observations and experiences. Phys Ther. May 1995;75(5):380-386.
61. Dettori, JR, Bullock, SH, Sutlive, TG, Franklin, R,
Patience, TH. The effects of spinal flexion and extension exercises and their
associated postures in patients with acute low back pain. Spine.
62. Flynn, TW, Soutas-Little, RW. Patellofemoral joint compressive forces in forward and backward running. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. May 1995;21(5):277-282.
64. Myatt, G, Baxter, R, Dougherty, R, Williams, GN,
67. Arciero, RA, Scoville, CR, Hayda, RA, Snyder, RJ. The effect of tourniquet use in anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. A prospective, randomized study. Am J Sports Med. Nov-Dec 1996;24(6):758-764.
68. Arciero, RA,
Scoville, CR, Snyder,
RJ, Uhorchak, JM,
69. Bare, AC, McAnaw, MB, Pritchard, AE, Struebing, JG, Smutok, MA, Christie, DS, Domenech, MA, Bare, MA, Bloodworth, ML, Seal, LA. Phonophoretic delivery of 10% hydrocortisone through the epidermis of humans as determined by serum cortisol concentrations. Phys Ther. Jul 1996;76(7):738-745; discussion 746-739.
72. McGrew, S, Maggart, W, O'Neil, L, Demond, J, Kelly, A, Rendeiro, D, Underwood, FB. Age-related changes in peripheral evoked response amplitude ratios. J Clin Electrophysiol. 1996;8:9-12.
73. Bryan, JM, McClune, LD, Romito, S, Stetts, D, Finstuen, K. Spinal mobilization curricula in professional physical therapy education programs. Journal of Physical Therapy Education. Fall 1997;11(2):11-15.
74. Clarkson, E, Cameron, S,
Osmon, P, McGraw, C,
75. Flynn, TW, Canavan, P, Cavanagh, P, Chiang, J. Plantar pressure reduction in an incremental weight-bearing system. Phys Ther. Apr 1997;77(4):410-416.
76. Jonson, SR,
77. Peterson, DE, Blankenship, KR, Robb, JB, Walker, MJ, Bryan, JM, Stetts, D, Mincey, LM, Simmons, GE. Investigation of the validity and reliability of four objective techniques for measuring forward shoulder posture. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. Jan 1997;25(1):34-42.
78. Rehm-Gelin, SL, Light, KE, Freund, JE. Reliability of timed-functional movements for clinical assessment of a frail elderly population. Physical and Occupational Therapy in Geriatrics. 1997;15(1):1-19.
83. Scoville, CR, Arciero, RA, Taylor, DC, Stoneman, PD. End range eccentric antagonist/concentric agonist strength ratios: A new perspective in shoulder strength assessment. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. Mar 1997;25(3):203-207.
84. Webright, WG, Randolph, BJ, Perrin, DH. Comparison of nonballistic active knee extension in neural slump position and static stretch techniques on hamstring flexibility. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. Jul 1997;26(1):7-13.
86. Cullison, TR, O'Brien, TJ, Getka, K, Jonson, SR. Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction in the military patient. Mil Med. Jan 1998;163(1):17-19.
87. Docherty, CL, Moore, JH, Arnold, BL. Effects of strength training on strength development and joint position sense in functionally unstable ankles. J Athl Train. Oct-Dec 1998;33(4):310-314.
88. Duplessis, DH, Greenway, EH,
89. Gerber, JP, Williams, GN, Scoville,
CR, Arciero, RA,
90. Irrgang, JJ, Snyder-Mackler, L, Wainner, RS, Fu, FH, Harner, CD. Development of a patient-reported measure of function of the knee. J Bone Joint Surg Am. Aug 1998;80(8):1132-1145.
91. Majkowski, GR, Jovag, BW, Taylor, BT,
Taylor, MS, Allison, SC, Stetts, D, Clayton, RL. The effect of back belt use on
isometric lifting force and fatigue of the lumbar paraspinal
92. Marin, R, McMillian, D. Ulnar neuropathy associated with subdermal contraceptive implant. South Med J. Sep 1998;91(9):875-878.
93. Nielsen, R, Skurja, M, Greathouse, DG, Woodruff, L, Echternach, J. Electrophysiologic differentiation of brachial plexus injuries. J Clin Electrophysiol. 1998;10:2-22.
94. Rogol, IM, Ernst, GP, Perrin, DH. Open and closed kinetic chain exercises improve shoulder joint reposition sense equally in healthy subjects. J Athl Train. Oct-Dec 1998;33(4):315-318.
96. Terry, GL,
97. Topp, R, Mikesky, AE, Thompson, K. Determinants of four functional tasks among older adults: An exploratory regression analysis. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. Feb 1998;27(2):144-153.
98. van Deursen, RW,
McCrory, JL, Morag, E. Does a single control
mechanism exist for both forward and backward walking? Gait Posture.
99. Wainner, RS, Hasz, M. Management of acute calcific tendinitis of the shoulder. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. Mar 1998;27(3):231-237.
100. Walsworth, MK, Schneider, R, Schultz, J, Dahl, C, Allison, SC, Underwood, FB, Freund, J. Prediction of 10 repetition maximum for short-arc quadriceps exercise from hand-held dynamometer and anthropometric measurements. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. Aug 1998;28(2):97-104.
101. Ernst, GP, Kawaguchi, J, Saliba, E. Effect of patellar taping on knee kinetics of patients with patellofemoral pain syndrome. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. Nov 1999;29(11):661-667.
102. Ernst, GP, Shippey, D. Manual therapy rounds. Long thoracic neuropathy resulting from first rib palpation. J Manual Manipulative Ther. 1999;7(2):92-96.
103. Gill, NW, 3rd, Ruediger, TM, Gochis, RD, Werling, WC, Moore, JH, Allison, SC, Shaffer, S, Underwood, FB. Test-retest reliability of the ulnar F-wave minimum latency in normal adults. Electromyogr Clin Neurophysiol. Jun 1999;39(4):195-200.
104. Hall, RC. Differential diagnosis of lumbar spine injuries in athletes. Athletic Therapy Today. March 1999;4(2):7-12.
105. Hall, RC, Nyland, J, Nitz, AJ, Pinerola, J, Johnson, DL. Relationship between ankle invertor H-reflexes and acute swelling induced by inversion ankle sprain. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. Jun 1999;29(6):339-344.
106. Harkins, GJ, Davis, GD, Dettori, JR, Hibbert, ML, Hoyt, RA. Decline in bone mineral density with stress fractures in a woman on depot medroxyprogesterone acetate. A case report. J Reprod Med. Mar 1999;44(3):309-312.
107. Knebel, PT, Avery, DW, Gebhardt, TL,
108. Petersen, EJ, Irish, SM, Lyons, CL, Miklaski, SF, Bryan, JM, Henderson, NE, Masullo, L. Reliability of water volumetry and the figure of eight method on subjects with ankle joint swelling. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 1999;29(10):609-615.
111. Ross, MD, Paterno, G. Reliability of the Apley's range of motion test and dominant and nondominant upper extremity differences. European Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Oct 1999;8(6):166-169.
112. Sutlive, TG, McClung, JR, Goldberg, SJ. Whole-muscle and motor-unit contractile properties of the styloglossus muscle in rat. J Neurophysiol. Aug 1999;82(2):584-592.
113. Teyhen, DS. Physical therapy in a peacekeeping operation: Operation joint endeavor/Operation joint guard. Mil Med. Aug 1999;164(8):590-594.
114. Wainner, RS, Greathouse, DG. A case report of ulnar neuropathy at the wrist with sensory and hypthenar muscle sparing. J Clin Electrophysiol. 1999;11(2):7-14.
115. Bang, MD, Deyle, GD. Comparison of supervised exercise with and without manual physical therapy for patients with shoulder impingement syndrome. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. Mar 2000;30(3):126-137.
116. Deyle, GD, Henderson, NE, Matekel,
RL, Ryder, MG, Garber, MB, Allison, SC. Effectiveness of manual
physical therapy and exercise in osteoarthritis of the knee. A randomized,
controlled trial. Ann Intern Med.
117. Ernst, GP, Saliba, E, Diduch, DR, Hurwitz, SR, Ball, DW. Lower extremity compensations following anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Phys Ther. Mar 2000;80(3):251-260.
118. Fritz, J, Wainner, RS, Hicks, GE. The use of nonorganic signs
and symptoms as a screening tool for return-to-work in patients with acute low
back pain. Spine.
119. Kelly, EW, Jonson, SR,
120. Mikesky, AE, Meyer, A, Thompson, KL. Relationship between quadriceps strength and rate of loading during gait in women. J Orthop Res. Mar 2000;18(2):171-175.
122. Reynolds, K, Williams, J, Miller, C, Mathis, A, Dettori, JR. Injuries and risk factors in an 18-day Marine winter mountain training exercise. Mil Med. Dec 2000;165(12):905-910.
127. Springer, BA, Arciero, RA, Tenuta, JJ,
128. Sutlive, TG, Shall, MS, McClung, JR, Goldberg, SJ. Contractile properties of the tongue's genioglossus muscle and motor units in the rat. Muscle Nerve. Mar 2000;23(3):416-425.
129. Wainner, RS, Boninger, ML, Balu, G, Burdett, R, Helkowski, W. Durkan gauge and carpal compression test: Accuracy and diagnostic test properties. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. Nov 2000;30(11):676-682.
130. Wainner, RS, Gill, H. Diagnosis and nonoperative management of cervical radiculopathy. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. Dec 2000;30(12):728-744.
131. Wright, EF, Domenech, MA, Fischer, JR, Jr. Usefulness of posture training for patients with temporomandibular disorders. J Am Dent Assoc. Feb 2000;131(2):202-210.
133. Egan, WE, Fisher, DP, Gerber, LD, Hatler, BS, Ernst, G, Hall, C, Henderson, NE. Postural sway of subjects wearing the U.S. Army chemical protective ensemble after functional activity. Aviat Space Environ Med. Sep 2001;72(9):831-835.
134. Fitzgerald, GK, Lephart, SM, Hwang, JH, Wainner, RS. Hop tests as predictors of dynamic knee stability. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. Oct 2001;31(10):588-597.
135. Fritz, J, Wainner, RS. Examining diagnostic tests: An evidence-based perspective. Phys Ther. Sep 2001;81(9):1546-1564.
136. Girrbach, RT, Flynn, TW, Browder, DA, Guffie, KL, Moore, JH, Masullo, L, Bare, AC, Bradley, Y. Flexural wave propagation velocity and bone mineral density in females with and without tibial bone stress injuries. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. Feb 2001;31(2):54-62; discussion 63-69.
137. Knapik, JJ, Canham-Chervak, M, Hoedebecke, E, Hewitson, WC, Hauret, K, Held, C, Sharp, MA. The fitness training unit in U.S. Army basic combat training: Physical fitness, training outcomes, and injuries. Mil Med. Apr 2001;166(4):356-361.
138. McNulty, VB, McBride, KD, Moreland, TA,
139. Pugia, ML, Middel, CJ, Seward, SW, Pollock, JL, Hall, RC, Lowe, L, Mahony, L, Henderson, NE. Comparison of acute swelling and function in subjects with lateral ankle injury. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. Jul 2001;31(7):384-388.
143. Teyhen, DS, Flynn, TW, Allison, SC. Use of webboards for distance learning: A physical therapy model. Mil Med. Apr 2001;166(4):311-313.
144. Walsworth, MK, Kessler, T. Diagnosing exertional rhabdomyolysis: A brief review and report of two cases. Mil Med. Mar 2001;166(3):275-277.
145. Childs, JD, Gantt, C,
Higgins, D, Papazis, JA,
146. Chu, JC, Kane, EJ,
147. Croy, T, Cross, L, Koppenharver, N, Herrington, J,
DS, Osmon, P, Underwood, FB. Cardiopulmonary responses to
a backward walking maximal exercise test. Physiotherapy
148. Evans, RK, Knight, KL, Draper, DO, Parcell, AC. Effects of warm-up before eccentric exercise on indirect markers of muscle damage. Med Sci Sports Exerc. Dec 2002;34(12):1892-1899.
149. Fitzgerald, GK, Childs, JD, Ridge, TM, Irrgang, JJ. Agility and perturbation training for a physically active individual with knee osteoarthritis. Phys Ther. Apr 2002;82(4):372-382.
150. Flynn, TW, Fritz, J, Whitman, J, Wainner,
RS, Magel, J, Rendeiro, D,
151. Flynn, TW, Cavanagh, P, Sommer, HJ, Derr, JA. Tibial flexural wave propagation in vivo: Potential for bone stress injury risk assessment. Work. 2002;18(2):151-160.
152. Knapik, JJ, McCollam, RL, Canham-Chervak, M, Hoedebecke, E, Arnold, S, Craig, S, Barko, W. Injuries and injury prevention among senior military officers at the Army War College. Mil Med. Jul 2002;167(7):593-599.
160. Smith, TA, Cashman, TM. The incidence of injury in light infantry soldiers. Mil Med. Feb 2002;167(2):104-108.
161. Szasz, A, Zimmerman, A, Frey, E, Brady, D, Spalletta, R. An electromyographical evaluation of the validity of the 2-minute sit-up section of the Army physical fitness test in measuring abdominal strength and endurance. Mil Med. Nov 2002;167(11):950-953.
162. Wiederien, RC, Feldman, TD, Heusel, LD, Loro, WA, Moore, JH, Ernst, G, Allison, SC. The effect of the median nerve compression test on median nerve conduction across the carpal tunnel. Electromyogr Clin Neurophysiol. Oct-Nov 2002;42(7):413-421.
163. Baxter, RE, Moore, JH. Diagnosis and treatment of acute exertional rhabdomyolysis. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. Mar 2003;33(3):104-108.
164. Baxter, RE, Moore, JH, Pendergrass, TL, Crowder, TA, Lynch, S. Improvement in sit-up performance associated with 2 different training regimens. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. Jan 2003;33(1):40-47.
165. Bizzini, M, Childs, JD, Piva, SR, Delitto, A. Systematic review of the quality of randomized controlled trials for patellofemoral pain syndrome. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. Jan 2003;33(1):4-20.
166. Childs, JD, Fritz, J, Piva, SR, Erhard, RE. Clinical decision making in the identification of patients likely to benefit from spinal manipulation: A traditional versus an evidence-based approach. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. May 2003;33(5):259-272.
167. Childs, JD, Piva, SR, Erhard, RE, Hicks, GE. Side-to-side weight-bearing asymmetry in subjects with low back pain. Man Ther. Aug 2003;8(3):166-169.
168. Dhawan, A, Doukas, WC, Papazis, JA, Scoville, CR. Effect of drain use in the early postoperative period after arthroscopically assisted anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction with bone-patellar tendon-bone graft. Am J Sports Med. May-Jun 2003;31(3):419-424.
169. Evans, RK, Scoville, CR, Ito, MA, Mello, RP. Upper body fatiguing exercise and shooting performance. Mil Med. Jun 2003;168(6):451-456.
170. Flynn, TW, Fritz, JM, Wainner, RS, Whitman, JM. The audible pop is not necessary for successful spinal high-velocity thrust manipulation in individuals with low back pain. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. Jul 2003;84(7):1057-1060.
171. Knapik, JJ, Hauret, KG, Arnold, S, Canham-Chervak, M, Mansfield, AJ, Hoedebecke, EL, McMillian, D. Injury and fitness outcomes during implementation of physical readiness training. Int J Sports Med. Jul 2003;24(5):372-381.
172. Knapik, JJ, Hauret, K, Lange, JL, Jovag, BW. Retention in service of recruits assigned to the Army physical fitness test enhancement program in basic combat training. Mil Med. Jun 2003;168(6):490-492.
173. Langford, B, Jones, EM,
Hollingsworth, DJ, Deyle, GD,
174. Lee, CN, Robbins, DP, Roberts, HJ, Feda,
JT, Bryan, JM, Masullo, L, Flynn, TW. Reliability
and validity of single inclinometer measurements for thoracic spine range of
175. Pendergrass, TL, Moore, JH, Gerber, JP. Postural control after a 2-mile run. Mil Med. Nov 2003;168(11):896-903.
176. Petrone, MR, Guinn, J, Reddin, A, Sutlive, TG, Flynn, TW, Garber, MP. The accuracy of the palpation meter (palm) for measuring pelvic crest height difference and leg length discrepancy. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. Jun 2003;33(6):319-325.
177. Piva, SR, Erhard, RE, Childs, JD, Hicks, GE, Al-Abdulmohsin, H. Reliability of measuring iliac crest level in the standing and sitting position using a new measurement device. J Manipulative Physiol Ther. Sep 2003;26(7):437-441.
181. Thompson, KR, Mikesky, AE, Bahamonde, RE, Burr, DB. Effects of physical training on proprioception in older women. J Musculoskelet Neuronal Interact. Sep 2003;3(3):223-231.
182. Uhorchak, JM, Scoville, CR, Williams, GN,
183. Wainner, RS, Fritz, JM, Irrgang,
JJ, Boninger, ML, Delitto,
A, Allison, SC.
Reliability and diagnostic accuracy of the clinical examination and patient
self-report measures for cervical radiculopathy. Spine.
184. Whitman, JM, Flynn, TW, Fritz, J. Nonsurgical management of patients with lumbar spinal stenosis: A literature review and a case series of three patients managed with physical therapy. Phys Med Rehabil Clin N Am. Feb 2003;14(1):77-101, vi-vii.
185. Whitman, JM, Fritz, JM, Boyles, RE. Evidence in practice... Evidence that performing joint manipulation under local anesthetic block might be more effective than continuing a program of joint mobilization, stretching, and mobility exercises in a woman with recalcitrant adhesive capsulitis of the shoulder. Phys Ther. May 2003;83(5):486-496.
186. Williams, GN, Molloy, JM, DeBerardino, TM, Arciero, RA,
187. Allen, CS, Flynn, TW, Kardouni, JR, Hemphill, MH, Schneider, CA, Pritchard, AE, Duplessis, DH, Evans-Christopher, G. The use of a pneumatic leg brace in soldiers with tibial stress fractures--a randomized clinical trial. Mil Med. Nov 2004;169(11):880-884.
188. Childs, JD, Fritz, JM, Flynn, TW, Irrgang,
KK, Majkowski, GR, Delitto,
A. A clinical prediction rule to identify patients with low back pain most
likely to benefit from spinal manipulation: A validation study. Ann Intern
189. Childs, JD, Fritz, JM, Piva, SR, Whitman, JM. Proposal of a classification system for patients with neck pain. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. Nov 2004;34(11):686-696; discussion 697-700.
190. Childs, JD, Piva, SR, Erhard, RE. Immediate improvements in side-to-side weight bearing and iliac crest symmetry after manipulation in patients with low back pain. J Manipulative Physiol Ther. Jun 2004;27(5):306-313.
191. Cleland, JA, Whitman, JM, Fritz, JM. Effectiveness of manual physical therapy to the cervical spine in the management of lateral epicondylalgia: A retrospective analysis... Including commentary by vicenzio b. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. Nov 2004;34(11):713-724.
192. Cliborne, AV, Wainner, RS, Rhon, DI, Judd, CD, Fee, TT, Matekel, RL, Whitman, J. Clinical hip tests and a functional squat test in patients with knee osteoarthritis: Reliability, prevalence of positive test findings, and short-term response to hip mobilization. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. Nov 2004;34(11):676-685.
193. Fritz, JM, Whitman, JM, Flynn, TW, Wainner, RS, Childs, JD. Factors related to the inability of individuals with low back pain to improve with a spinal manipulation. Phys Ther. Feb 2004;84(2):173-190.
194. Goss, DL,
195. Goss, DL,
KG, Knapik, JJ, Lange, JL, Heckel, HA, Coval, DL, Duplessis, DH. Outcomes of
197. Knapik, JJ, Bullock, SH,
198. McDevitt, ER,
199. Michener, LA, Walsworth, MK, Burnet, EN. Effectiveness of rehabilitation for patients with subacromial impingement syndrome: A systematic review. J Hand Ther. Apr-Jun 2004;17(2):152-164.
200. Pendergrass, TL, Moore, JH. Saphenous neuropathy following medial knee trauma. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. Jun 2004;34(6):328-334.
201. Polly, DW, Jr., Kuklo, TR, Doukas, WC, Scoville, C.
Advanced medical care for Soldiers injured in
203. Shultz, SJ, Kirk, SE, Johnson, ML, Sander, TC, Perrin, DH. Relationship between sex hormones and anterior knee laxity across the menstrual cycle. Med Sci Sports Exerc. Jul 2004;36(7):1165-1174.
204. Sutlive, TG,
205. Walker MJ. Manual physical therapy examination and intervention of a patient with radial wrist pain: A case report. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. Dec 2004;34(12):761-769.
206. Walsworth, MK. Lumbar paraspinal electromyographic activity during trunk extension exercises on two types of exercise machines. Electromyogr Clin Neurophysiol. Jun 2004;44(4):201-207.
207. Walsworth, MK, Mills, JT, 3rd, Michener, LA. Diagnosing suprascapular neuropathy in patients with shoulder dysfunction: A report of 5 cases. Phys Ther. Apr 2004;84(4):359-372.
208. Whitman, JM, Fritz, JM, Childs, JD. The influence of experience and specialty certifications on clinical outcomes for patients with low back pain treated within a standardized physical therapy management program. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. Nov 2004;34(11):662-672; discussion 672-675.
209. Winters, MV, Blake, CG, Trost, JS, Marcello-Brinker, TB, Lowe, L, Garber, MB, Wainner, RS. Passive versus active stretching of hip flexor muscles in subjects with limited hip extension: A randomized clinical trial. Phys Ther. Sep 2004;84(9):800-807.
210. Young, B, Walker, MJ, Strunce, J, Boyles, RE. A combined treatment approach emphasizing impairment-based manual physical therapy for plantar heel pain: A case series. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. Nov 2004;34(11):725-733.
211. Bottoni, CR, Franks, BR,
212. Boyles, RE, Flynn, TW, Whitman, JM. Manipulation following regional interscalene anesthetic block for shoulder adhesive capsulitis: A case series. Man Ther. May 2005;10(2):164-171.
214. Browder, D, Erhard, R. Decision making for a painful hip: A case requiring referral. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. November 2005;35(11):738-744.
215. Childs, JD, Flynn, TW,
Fritz, JM, Piva, SR, Whitman, JM, Wainner, RS,
216. Childs, JD, Piva, SR,
Fritz, JM. Responsiveness of the numeric pain rating scale in patients with low
back pain. Spine.
217. Childs, JD, Whitman, JM, Sizer,
PS, Pugia, ML, Flynn, TW, Delitto, A.
A description of physical therapists' knowledge in managing musculoskeletal
218. Cleland, JA, Childs, JD, McRae, M, Palmer, JA, Stowell, T. Immediate effects of thoracic manipulation in patients with neck pain: A randomized clinical trial. Man Ther. May 2005;10(2):127-135.
219. Deyle, GD, Allison, SC, Matekel, RL, Ryder, MG, Stang, JM, Gohdes, DD, Hutton, JP, Henderson, NE, Garber, MB. Physical therapy treatment effectiveness for osteoarthritis of the knee: A randomized comparison of supervised clinical exercise and manual therapy procedures versus a home exercise program. Phys Ther. Dec 2005;85(12):1301-1317.
220. Evans, RK, Reynolds,
K, Creedon, J, Murphy,
S. Incidence of acute injury related to fitness testing of
221. Fritz, JM, Childs, JD, Flynn,
TW. Pragmatic application of a clinical prediction rule in primary
care to identify patients with low back pain with a good prognosis following a
brief spinal manipulation intervention.
222. Fritz, JM, Piva, SR, Childs, JD. Accuracy
of the clinical examination to predict radiographic instability of the lumbar
spine. Eur Spine J.
223. Fritz, JM, Whitman, JM, Childs, JD. Lumbar spine segmental mobility assessment: An examination of validity for determining intervention strategies in patients with low back pain. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. Sep 2005;86(9):1745-1752.
224. Garber, MB. Diagnostic imaging and differential diagnosis in two case reports. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2005;35(11):745-754.
225. Harris, KD, Heer, DM,
227. Moore, JH, McMillian, DJ, Rosenthal, MD, Weishaar, MD. Risk determination for patients with direct access to physical therapy in military health care facilities. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. Oct 2005:35(10)674-678.
228. Piva, SR, Goodnite, EA, Childs, JD. Strength around the hip and flexibility of soft tissues in individuals with and without patellofemoral pain syndrome. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2005;35(12):793-801.
230. Teyhen, DS, Flynn, TW, Bovik, AC, Abraham, LD. A new technique for digital fluoroscopic video assessment of sagittal plane lumbar spine motion. Spine. Jul 15 2005;30(14):E406-413.
231. Teyhen, DS, Miltenberger, CE, Deiters, HM, Del Toro, YM, Pulliam, JN, Childs, JD, Boyles, RE, Flynn, TW. The use of ultrasound imaging of the abdominal drawing-in maneuver in subjects with low back pain. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. Jun 2005;35(6):346-355.
232. Wainner, RS, Fritz, JM, Irrgang, JJ, Delitto, A, Allison, SC, Boninger, ML. Development of a clinical prediction rule for the diagnosis of carpal tunnel syndrome. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. Apr 2005;86(4):609-618.
234. Whitman, J, Childs, JD, Walker, V. The use of manipulation in a patient with an ankle sprain injury not responding to conventional management: A case report. Man Ther. Aug 2005;10(3):224-231.