- Must possess a baccalaureate degree with a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.25 or above or be in the final semester prior to receiving a degree.
- Must complete all prerequisite courses with a prerequisite coursework GPA of 3.25 or above. The prerequisites below are in 4 critical areas (biological sciences, physical sciences, social sciences, statistics). Note: No more than two prerequisite courses may be remaining to complete at the time of the selection board and prerequisite courses cannot be >10 years old.
- Must complete the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) including the analytical writing portion. Applicants selected to attend our program must achieve a cumulative GRE score of 300 (GRE Quantitative + GRE Verbal score) with the GRE Quantitative score of 148 or above and GRE Verbal of 152 or above. GRE Analytical Writing score must be 3.5 or above.
- Must complete minimum of 100 volunteer observation hours in a physical therapy clinic. It is recommended that the applicant complete these hours in a variety of clinical practice settings and military PT practice or Veteran's affairs PT experience is recommended.
- Must receive 3 letters of reference with at least 1 from a PT and 1 from a professor of your choice. Please see PTCAS for further details.
- Must NOT be a graduate of a entry-level physical therapy program (U.S. or foreign), regardless of the level of degree conferred. Note: this requirement does not restrict PRE-physical therapy degrees, nor PTAs from applying--only graduates of entry-level PT programs of any degree level.
- Must Be a United States citizen. Prior or current service in the US military is not an eligibility requirement for application to the program.
- Must meet the medical fitness standards for direct commission appointment as a Reserve commissioned officer as prescribed by the Department of the Army, Navy, or Air Force.
- Must be less than 42.5 years of age on the date of appointment. Waivers are required for those over age 40.
- Must not have greater than 7 years of active commissioned service in the US military prior to the date of appointment.
- Must complete a background check with a US Army recruiter
View the required coursework for Biological Sciences.
View the required coursework for Physical Sciences.
View the required coursework for Social Sciences.
View the required coursework for Statistics.
Prerequisite Courses and GPA Calculations
Please note that if an applicant retakes a course, both grades will be used in calculating their cumulative and prerequisite GPA.
Computation of the Cumulative GPA:
All undergraduate coursework is included in the calculation of the cumulative undergraduate GPA. Please see http://www.ptcas.org/GPA/ for information on PTCAS GPA calculations.
Computation of the Prerequisite Course GPA:
ALL prerequisite courses must have been completed within 10 years of the start of the first class day for which the applicant is competing (Semester 1). Non-credit military training will not be counted as a prerequisite course. CLEP exams or Advanced Placement exams are acceptable to fulfill prerequisites. Please note that applicants cannot CLEP out of laboratory courses and all laboratory courses must be taken in person, not as an online course.
Schedule a telephonic appointment to discuss program prerequisites with Mr. Stephens @ Schedule an appointment