- Must Be a United States citizen. Prior or current service in the US military is not an eligibility requirement for application to the program.
- Must meet the medical fitness standards for direct commission appointment as a Reserve commissioned officer as prescribed by the Department of the Army, Navy, or Air Force.
- Must be less than 42.5 years of age on the date of appointment. Waivers are required for those over age 40.
- Must not have greater than 7 years of active commissioned service in the US military prior to the date of appointment.
- Must possess a baccalaureate degree with a minimum GPA of 3.25 or be in the final semester prior to receiving a degree with satisfactory completion of the 11 prerequisites listed below in 4 critical areas (biological sciences, physical sciences, social sciences, statistics). Note: No more than two prerequisite courses may be remaining to complete at the time of the selection board and prerequisite courses cannot be >10 years old.
- Must complete the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) including the analytical writing portion. Applicants selected to attend our program must achieve a cumulative GRE score of 297 (new standard after November 2011) or 1000 (old standard prior to November 2011).
- Must complete minimum of 100 volunteer observation hours in a physical therapy clinic. It is recommended that the applicant complete these hours in a variety of clinical practice settings.
- Must NOT be a graduate of a physical therapy program (U.S. or foreign), regardless of the level of degree conferred.
View the required coursework for Biological Sciences.
View the required coursework for Physical Sciences.
View the required coursework for Social Sciences.
View the required coursework for Statistics.
Prerequisite Courses and GPA Calculations
Please note that if an applicant retakes a course, both grades will be used in calculating their cumulative and prerequisite GPA.
Computation of the cumulative GPA:
All undergraduate coursework is included in the calculation of the cumulative GPA. Any course that was retaken, but not reflected as dropped or withdrawn on the official transcript, must also be included in the computation of the overall GPA. Courses taken that received an "F", yet not retaken are counted as an "F". Pass/fail courses are not included in the calculation. Prerequisite courses taken at the graduate level are not counted in the cumulative GPA. Pluses and minuses are not counted (ie. B+ does not = 3.5). In recent years, applicants selected to attend this program have had a mean cumulative GPA of 3.6 on a four point scale.
Computation of the prerequisite course GPA:
There are 11 required prerequisite courses. ALL prerequisite courses must have been completed within 10 years of the start of the first class day for which the applicant is competing (Semester 1). All Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Anatomy, and Physiology courses will be factored into their prerequisite GPA. Non-credit military training will not be counted as a prerequisite course. CLEP exams or Advanced Placement exams are acceptable to fulfill prerequisites. Please note that applicants cannot CLEP out of laboratory courses and all laboratory courses must be taken in person, not as an online course. Quarter hours and class hours that denote single units (i.e. 1.25 or 1.0) must be converted to semester hours. In general, applicants must have three quarter hours of a course to be equivalent to two semester hours. For example, CHEM I/II/III on a quarter system would be equivalent to CHEM I/II on a semester system. In recent years, applicants selected to attend this program have had an average prerequisite GPA of 3.6 on a 4.0 scale.
Ms. Nina Rehfeld - Administrative Assistant
Program Email Link