- About Us
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Childbirth/Adoption Accommodation
- Defense Committee Guidelines
- Incoming Students
- May 2013 Graduating Students
- Open Assistantships
- Grad Tracks: Professional & Student Development
- Research & Writing Support
- TOR & RA Benefits
- Travel Awards
- Faculty & Staff
- Program Directors and Assistants
- Graduate Council
- 2012-13 AY
- 2011-2012 AY
- 2010-2011 AY
- 2009-2010 AY
- 2008-2009 AY
- 2007-2008 AY
- 2006-2007 AY
- Previous AY Minutes
- April 20, 2006
- March 29, 2006
- January 25, 2006
- November 17, 2005
- October 19, 2005
- September 22, 2005
- March 23, 2005
- January 26, 2005
- November 18, 2004
- September 23, 2004
- April 28, 2004
- February 25, 2004
- January 29, 2004
- October 23, 2003
- September 24, 2003
- April 23, 2003
- February 26, 2003
- January 23, 2006
- November 22, 2002
- October 24, 2002
- April 25, 2002
- March 27, 2002
- February 28, 2002
- September 20, 2001
- March 29, 2001
- January 25, 2001
- October 26, 2000
- Recruiting Funds
- Graduate Faculty
- Grad News
Information on Processing Stipend & Tuition Authorizations
S & T Authorizations
Instruction for Processing Stipends and Tuition (PDF)
April 15, 2013 - Deadline for Summer 2013 authorizations (both sessions)
TBA - Deadline for Fall 2013 authorizations
TBA - Deadline for Spring 2013 authorizations
|USEFUL CONTACT INFORMATION|
|Shelly Adams (Graduate School)||ext 4060|
|Donna Kennedy (ITS)||ext 4059|
|Jane Moreno (Cashier's Office)||ext 1044|
|LuAnn Pickens (Payroll Office)||ext 8564|
|Karla Walther (Payroll Office)||ext 8661|
|Lisa Langlotz (Sponsored Programs)||ext 8905|
|Lisa McKethan (Sponsored Programs)||ext 8905|
|Melinda Oliver (Financial Aid)||ext 8944|
|Kelly Graves (Financial Aid)||ext 8943|
|Tracey Greene(Budget Office)||ext 8611|
|Krystal McMahon(Budget Office)||ext 8613|
|Help Desk||ext 4357|
WHO MAY NOT RECEIVE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FROM THE GRADUATE SCHOOL:
- Any student who is on probation
- Law students
- Truett Seminary students
- Social Work students
- DO NOT share your Bear ID Password
- International Students - When a department submits a stipend and/or tuition authorization for a first term graduate, international student, an e-mail is generated and sent to the International Office and to the Admissions Director in the Graduate School. That e-mail generates communication between the two offices and the student's file is then forwarded from the Graduate School to the International Office so the process of issuing a student's I-20 can begin.
- Assistants/Backup Person - It is each department's responsibility to be sure that there is a trained assistant or backup person to process stipend and tuition authorizations at all times.
Stipend Authorization Information
- First time stipends - A student receiving a stipend for the first time must complete Forms I-9 and W-4. For more information regarding Graduate Student Employment Forms refer to the following website: Graduate Student Employment Forms.
- Number of hours - A graduate student can work no more than a total of 20 hours per week. (Reference the Graduate School Catalog. See the Financial Information section and read the information about Assistantships.)
- Stipend Checks - Stipend checks must be set up for direct deposit or picked up in the Payroll Office (Robinson Tower, 600) on pay day. If you have questions, contact the Payroll Office at ext. 2217 or 8661.
- Summer Stipend Checks - A student does not have to be enrolled in summer classes to receive a June and/or July stipend check provided he/she is enrolled for the fall semester.
- Fall Stipend Checks - A student must be enrolled in the fall semester to receive checks from August to December.
- Spring Stipend Checks - A student must be enrolled in the spring semester to receive checks from January to May.
- FICA taxes - A student who is not enrolled for at least 1/2 time (summer=3 hrs; Fall & Spring 5 hrs) is subject to FICA taxes. Exception: Disseration and thesis hours counted as full time.
- Stipend categories are GA, RA, TA. - For complete details about each of these three categories refer to the following spreadsheet: Stipend Categories
- Supplemental Stipend Awards - Only students receiving a regular stipend are eligible for a supplement (1-time stipend) award.
Tuition Authorization Information
Student Invoice - Submitting the tuition authorization before the deadline will eliminate a student receiving an incorrect bill/invoice.
Tuition hours - Do not submit a tuition authorization for more semester hours than the student is enrolled in.
Tuition/Working - If a student is receiving only a tuition award, he/she cannot be asked to work. (Reference the Graduate School Catalog. See the Financial Information section and read the information about Assistantships.)
Undergraduate Classes - Tuition funding provided by the Graduate School is not available to cover undergraduate classes. Exception: Dual Degree classes that should be counted toward the Graduate Degree are eligible provided Academic Records (ext. 1814) has been notified to point the class accordingly.