Graduate Assistantships Job Order Form
1. Date: 07/16/15
2. Position Title: Academic Mentor
4. Department Name: Academic Support Programs
5. Application Deadline:08/12/15
6. Work Begins: Fall
7. Number of positions: 1>
8. Special Instructions:
9. Hours Per Week Required: 20
10. Reports to: Trish Baum
11. Supervision Duties:
12. Positon Description:
13. Essential Function:Meet weekly, one-on-one with assigned students to mark progress and maintain accountability.
14. Secondary Function: Assist in holding academic workshops. Maintain files on assigned students.
15. Minimum Education: Bachelors Degree
16. Degree Area: Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Neuroscience, or related field.
17. Minimum Experience:
18. Minimum Skills and Apitudes:Excellent communication skills.
19. Desired Traits: Ability to empathize with the typical anxieties and frustrations of a student but also to analyze academic problems and suggest strategies for solutions.
20. Contact Name: Trish Baum
21. Contact Email: Trish_Baum@baylor.edu
22. Campus Address: One Bear Place 97072
23. Building Location: Sid Richardson
24. Room Number: #005
25. Phone: 254-710-8771