Trips & Special Events
The Center for Global Engagement sponsors trips and various cultural events for International Students and Scholars each semester. The programs listed below are open for any Baylor international student and scholar to attend as well as their family members and friends.
Refund Policy: If a fee is required for a trip or event and a student has paid that fee, no refunds will be granted after the registration deadline for that event. Students that cancel before the registration deadline must come to the ISSS office to obtain a refund.
- Saturday, October 15, 2016 - Baylor Homecoming Parade and International Flag Procession
Volunteer to march in the Baylor Traditional Homecoming Parade with your country flag! You won’t want to miss out on this Baylor tradition, as countries of the world will be represented! There will be free coffee and donuts provided to all volunteers. Arrival time will be announced later but it will be early in the morning!
- Friday, October 21, 2016 - Baylor and Beyond Friday Food Event - China, North Russell Kitchen, 3:00pm-5:00pm
Join us as we learn how to prepare a Chinese dish. No registration is required for this event.
- Saturday, October 22, 2016 - Texas State Fair and Rodeo Trip, 12:00pm - 9:00pm
Partake in a Texas tradition by heading out with us to the Texas State Fair and Rodeo! There will be fair rides for everyone, live music, livestock shows and fried food galore! Please bring additional cash if you would like to purchase food or items while you are there. Trip cost is $10.
- TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2016 - International Thanksgiving Dinner
Join us for the annual International Thanksgiving Dinner, sponsored by Baylor Roundtable, as we enjoy a delicious Thanksgiving meal and spend the evening with great company. This event is FULL. Time to be determined later.
- Friday, November 18, 2016 - Baylor and Beyond Friday Food Event - India, North Russell Kitchen, 3:00pm-5:00pm
Join us as we learn how to prepare an Indian dish. No registration is required for this event.
- Saturday, November 26, 2016 - Homestead Heritage Trip,
3:00pm - 8:00pm Loading bus at 2:30 pm at 5th Street Circle
If you are here over the Thanksgiving Holiday then join us as we enjoy a family friendly afternoon of crafts, music, seminars, food and hayrides! Trip cost is $10.
Register online by Monday, November 21st.
- Tuesday, December 6, 2016 - International Christmas Reception
Celebrate the holiday season with international treats and Christmas music, played by our very own Baylor international students! This is a great way to end the year with PAWS friends and families! This event is FREE but you must register. Time to be announced later.
Register online by Monday, November 28th.