Global Community is a selective program for students who want to push the boundaries of their global knowledge and have an interactive and engaging experience in their residence hall. Each year, the Global Community Staff reviews numerous applications and selects a small group of gifted, diverse students based upon their background, experience, and educational qualifications.
We strive to accept a mix of students who we believe would benefit and flourish in the GC program. These include residential students who have demonstrated an interest in languages, world affairs/ foreign cultures and missions as well as international/exchange students seeking to broaden their global views.
How to Apply to the Global Community LLC
New First Year Students (Currently accepting applications for the 2014-2015 school year)
- Apply to Baylor University
- After you have been accepted by the university, submit your deposit by going to the Baylor Admissions web site and clicking "Deposit Online"
- Activate your new Bear ID
- Apply to the GC-LLC using your Bear_ID and password. (To activate, go to www.baylor.edu/its/newstudents)
- Click here to apply to the GC-LLC
Applications to the GC-LLC have priority consideration based upon the date received. Due to the arrangement of our language immersion suites, acceptance is based both on the quality of the application and the availability of spaces in the target language suite.
Current Baylor students (Applications closed for the 2014-2015 school year)
- Apply to the GC-LLC
- If you are accepted and have already applied for housing, we will relocate you to the GC-LLC
- If you are accepted and have not yet applied for housing, you will need to sign a 1-yr Housing Occupancy License which will be emailed to you.
Returning GC-LLC Students (Applications closed for the 2014-2015 school year)
Global Community students who would like to continue in the
program after their first year must contact the GC Program Director directly. Information
about this opportunity will be sent out starting October 1st, 2013.