Global Community is a selective program for students who want to push the boundaries of their global knowledge and have an interactive and engaging experience in their residence hall. Each year, the Global Community Staff reviews numerous applications and selects a small group of gifted, diverse students based upon their background, experience, and educational qualifications.
We strive to accept a mix of students who we believe would benefit and flourish in the GC program. These include residential students who have demonstrated an interest in languages, world affairs/ foreign cultures and missions as well as international/exchange students seeking to broaden their global views.
How to Apply to the Global Community LLC
Applications are still be considered for Fall 2013!!!! Apply Today!New First Year and Transfer Students
- Apply to Baylor University
- After you have been accepted by the university, submit your deposit by going to the Baylor Admissions web site and clicking "Deposit Now!"
- Activate your new Bear ID
- Complete the LLC Application
- Apply to the GC-LLC using your Bear_ID and password. (To activate, go to www.baylor.edu/its/newstudents)
Current Baylor students:
- Apply to the GC-LLC.
- Applicants applying prior to December 1st, 2012 will be given priority
- If you are accepted and have already applied for housing, we will relocate you to the GC-LLC
- If you are accepted and have not yet applied for housing, you will need to sign a 1-yr Housing Occupancy License which will be emailed to you.
Returning GC-LLC Students
Global Community students who would like to continue in the
program after their first year must contact the GC Program Director directly. Information
about this opportunity will be sent out in the fall term.
Applications to the GC-LLC have priority consideration based upon the date received. Due to the arrangement of our language immersion suites, acceptance is based both on the quality of the application and the availability of spaces in the target language suite.
Timeline of Admission for First Year and Transfer Students Only
Early Action I: application received by December 14, 2012; applicant notified by January 7th, 2013.
Regular Admission I: application received by January 31st, 2013; applicant notified by February 1st, 2013
Regular Admission II: application received by February 22nd; applicant notified by March 1st, 2013
Regular Admission III: application received after February 22nd; applicant notified within one month of received application.
Late Admission: application received after May 1st, 2013 will be accepted on a rolling basis based on space allocation.