The Baylor Alumni Association provides the following Voting Information for the Special Called Membership Meeting.
A gameday shuttle will operate every 20 minutes from Floyd Casey Stadium to Waco Hall for alumni desiring to participate in the meeting. Please see the parking and shuttle map for further information.
Saturday, September 7, 2013
Polls open: 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
To vote on approval of the Transition Agreement, which would dissolve the Baylor Alumni Association and create a new entity, the Baylor Line Corporation, among other provisions. Read the full Transition Agreement.
- Members MUST BE PRESENT to vote.
- All current life and annual members are eligible to vote. Memberships include spouses-whether alumni or not-listed on the membership roll.
- The Baylor Alumni Association's board of directors set the record date for voting as August 28, 2013, at 12:30 p.m. CDT. Members who join after that time will not be eligible to vote at the September 7 meeting.
- Annual members whose memberships expired in July or August 2013 will be eligible to vote under the "grace period" provided for in the BAA bylaws.
- On September 7, the BAA will begin verifying memberships at 8 a.m. outside Waco Hall. A photo ID for each member is required to verify membership.
- After verification, members will receive a voter registration card that they will exchange for a ballot when voting begins at 11:30. The voting meeting will begin at 11 a.m. with a period of debate no longer than thirty minutes.
- Voting will be by paper ballot. Voting polls will be open between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. in the Waco Hall lobby.
- Click here for standing rules for the meeting.
Counting the vote:
- An independent party will count the votes and announce the result as soon as practicable on September 7, 2013.
- A two-thirds vote from the members present is required to approve the Transition Agreement.
- A Membership Discussion Forum will be held on September 7, 8:30-10:30 a.m., in Waco Hall. The BAA board of directors has adopted standing rules for the discussion.