Welcome Week is all about new students! The Welcome Week Leader position is designed to warmly welcome, energize, unify, and validate all new students as they begin their Baylor experience. Our hope is that new Fine Arts-LLC students will begin to feel a real sense of belonging to the Baylor community after experiencing Welcome Week!
Each Welcome Week Leader will work in partnership with another Welcome Week Leader to lead a small group (18-24 students) and model building healthy relationships while encouraging students in their holistic development, including: the pursuit of academic excellence, spiritual growth, relationship building, and a healthy lifestyle. Welcome Week Leaders will accompany new students to planned local activities to help introduce the new students to Baylor and Waco.
• A belief and support for the Baylor and Fine Arts-LLC missions
• A team-centered attitude
• A positive and reliable work ethic
• Strong communication skills
• Effective problem solving abilities
• Ability to work with students, faculty, and staff
• Integrity and alignment with Baylor policies
• Good academic standing (at least 2.5 overall GPA)
• Good disciplinary standing
• Sensitivity to diversity in all of its forms
Welcome Week Leaders Requirements:
• Welcome Week Spring Gathering
• Welcome Week/Student Leader Move In
• Welcome Week Leader Training
• Move In Day for University and Texana Residence Halls
• Welcome Week
Welcome Week Leaders benefit from effective leadership training that promotes the development of competitive and valuable skills transferable after graduation. They take pride in sharing their love for Baylor with new students! Student leaders in this position also have the ability to move into the residence hall early for Welcome Week training. Various Welcome Week paraphernalia and t-shirts for Welcome Week and the Fine Arts-LLC are always a plus!