Welcome Week is all about new students! The Welcome Week Leader position is designed to warmly welcome, energize, unify, and validate all new students as they begin their Baylor experience. Our hope is that new Fine Arts LLC students will begin to feel a real sense of belonging to the Baylor community after experiencing Welcome Week!
Each Welcome Week Leader will work in partnership with another Welcome Week Leader to lead a small group (18-24 students) and model building healthy relationships while encouraging students in their holistic development, including: pursuing academic excellence, spiritual growth, relationship building, and a healthy lifestyle. Leaders will accompany new students to planned local activities to help introduce the new students to Baylor and Waco.
• A belief and support for the Baylor and Fine Arts LLC missions
• A team-centered attitude
• A positive and reliable work ethic
• Strong communication skills
• Effective problem solving abilities
• Ability to work with students, faculty, & staff
• Integrity and alignment with Baylor policies
• Good academic standing (at least 2.5 overall GPA)
• Good disciplinary standing
• Sensitivity to diversity in all of its forms
Welcome Week Leaders are required to participate in the following:
• Welcome Week Spring Gathering: Tuesday, April 21st, 2015 - Evening
• Welcome Week/Student Leader Move In: Sunday, August 16th, 2015
• Welcome Week Leader Training: August 17th - 19th 2015
• Move In Day for the Baylor & Beyond LLC: Wednesday, August 19th, 2015
• Welcome Week 2015: August August 17th - 23rd, 2015
Welcome Week leaders benefit from effective leadership training that promotes the development of competitive and valuable skills transferable after graduation. They take pride in sharing their love for Baylor with new students! Student leaders in this position also have the ability to move into the residence hall early for welcome week training. Various Welcome Week paraphernalia and t-shirts for Welcome Week and the Fine Arts LLC Leader program are always a plus!
To apply click hereApplication will be live January 29th to February 25th.Interviews: TBDAcceptance notification by March TBDPlease continue to check this website for further information about the Welcome Week Leader application process.