Fine Arts LLC Point Competition
- The points system is a way to track how many Fine Arts LLC events as well as other Fine Arts events LLC students are attending. As an LLC member each Fine Arts LLC student signs a contract agreeing to attend as many LLC events as possible as well as four different types of fine arts events each semester from each of the major disciplines Art, Film, Music and Theatre.
- The LLC leadership would like to have a better idea of what events our students are attending. The points system is a way for us to track that as well as reward our members who go above and beyond the regular expectations.
- 3. For the spring 2012 semester the LLC students have been divided into two teams in order to compete against each other for points. Students on the 1st floor of Texana House and the 4th floor of University house will be competing against students on the 2nd floor of Texana House and the 2nd floor of University House.
- To encourage more participation in LLC sponsored events
- To encourage friendly completion and foster relationships with your fellow LLC members
- To hold you accountable to the contact you signed and agreed to as an LC member
- To help the LLC leadership become aware of which events and activities LLC members are taking part in
- To honor and award students for their participation in the LLC
What are points?
"Points" are earned by every LLC member by participating in LLC activities as well as Baylor sponsored Fine Arts events. Below is a chart which gives you values for all LLC events. In order to earn these points LLC members will need to sign in on the LLC sign-up sheet when attending an event. This signup sheet will be readily available at the start of any activity or event.
Points and Values Chart
All Fine Arts LLC members must attend at least three Fine Arts events that highlight one of the four different disciplines in the LLC. Each semester each of the disciplines below will be highlighted in an LLC sponsored event. Please be aware you must choose three different event types. You will not receive points if you go to three music events and none of the other types. You will only receive three points for your first music event and one point for every music event after that.
- Film and Digital Media
*Students are highly encouraged to attend these events, but if they can't they may attend another event that highlights one of these disciplines. In the event that a student attends a non-highlighted event they will need to email the program coordinator with the name and date of the event within 2 weeks of attending.
Benefit of Earning Points: The top three students in the LLC will earn special prizes. The overall team that wins will receive a special benefit.
- How do you know how many points you have?
- Opportunities for earning points, along with each Fine Arts LLC members currently earned points and teams points, are published and updated on the LLC website weekly under the leadership of the Fine Arts LLC program coordinator. Members will have two weeks from the updated event to contact the program coordinator to report points earned that are not accounted for on the website.
- Please email our Program Coordinator, Emily_J_Moore@baylor.edu if you have any questions about your points.
- Can you earn points for events not on the official list?
- It is possible to earn points for other fine arts events. Students may complete a Point Request Form and submitting it to the Program Director. Within 2 weeks you will be told if your event has been approved and can be utilized for points.
- What determines whether or not something is point-eligible?
- The determining factor for point-eligibility of an event is whether or not it advances the aims of the LLC which is the following:
- To build a community of artists
- To engage students in meaningful exchanges and activities with faculty and guest artists from a variety of artistic disciplines outside the classroom
- To attract students of a high caliber who are interested in working collaboratively
- To enhance the interaction between the various fine arts programs represented on campus
- To support the artistic projects created by Baylor's fine arts academic units
- To support interdisciplinary collaboration in artistic projects
- Are a certain number of points expected?
- No, however all LLC students have signed a contract saying that they would go to at least three out of four fine arts discipline specific events each semester and the LLC leadership expects you to honor that. Other than that all points you earn would go towards your team winning a prize at mid-semester and end of semester so anything you can do will help.
- Individual Awards
- Point ranges for award eligibility are listed in the chart below. Members have the opportunity to gain a higher status in the room draw, have dinner with our faculty in residence, and improve the chances of their team's victory in the overall point standings competition. A special grand prize will also be given for the most outstanding individual point earner.
- Team Awards
- The team with the higher number of points at the end of the semester: April (Spring Banquet) will receive the grand prize for the semester.
- Can you earn points if you do not live in the LLC?
- Sadly, no, but participation from those outside of the LLC is welcomed and encouraged, and will in most events increase the chances of acceptance into the LLC for those interested in applying.
|Room Draw Advantage||20 points by November|
|Placed in a Drawing for Dinner with the Faculty in Residence||40 points by April|
|Special Grand Prize||Highest number of points by April|