In the Fall of 2010, Baylor University officially launched the Fine Arts Living-Learning Center through the collaboration of Campus Living and Learning and faculty members from the Departments of Art, Theatre Arts, the Division of Film and Digital Media in the Department of Communication Studies, and the School of Music. While collaborative artistic projects are integral within each of these academic units, students in the Fine Arts Living-Learning Center interact with peers and faculty across multiple artistic disciplines. Living-Learning centers at Baylor provide resources for community building, faculty interaction, and enhanced learning opportunities for students.
The goals of the Fine Arts Living-Learning Center:
- To build a community of artists
- To engage students in meaningful exchanges and activities with faculty and guest artists from a variety of artistic disciplines outside the classroom
- To attract students of a high caliber who are interested in working collaboratively
- To enhance the interaction between the various fine arts programs represented on campus
- To support the artistic projects created by Baylor's fine arts academic units
- To support interdisciplinary collaboration in artistic projects