see the box to the right for access to Baylor's Major Academic Planners.
Requirements for a Major in Fashion Merchandising - B.A. or B.S.F.C.S. Degree
Fifty-one semester hours including the following:
- Required Courses: FCS 1104, 1231, 1300, (1311 or 2371), 1391, 2310, 2311, 2351, 3312, 3350, 3356, 3364, 3391, 3393, 4392, 4393, 4396, and three semester hours of family and consumer sciences elective;
- A grade of "C" or better in family and consumer sciences courses used for the major and a "C" average in courses taken outside the department.
Required courses in other fields:
- ART 1310;
- Business: ACC 2303; BUS 3315; ECO 1305; MKT 3305; and nine additional semester hours of "3000" or "4000" level business electives selected from the following areas: marketing, information systems, management, and entrepreneurship;
- Computer science or information systems, three semester hours;
- Laboratory Science: CHE 1405 and eight hours of additional laboratory science (as required by degree selected).
Requirements for a Minor in Fashion Merchandising
Eighteen semester hours including the following:
- Required Courses: FCS (1300 or 1391), 2310, and 2371;
- Nine semester hours from FCS 3312, 3391, 4393, 4396, or 4132 and 4232;
- A grade of "C" or better in family and consumer sciences courses used for the minor and a "C" average in courses taken outside the department.
Students in the fashion merchandising program have opportunities to develop knowledge of retail functions, merchandising principles, forecasting trends, and textile selection and evaluation. Majors are required to complete an approved internship after completion of all junior level fashion merchandising courses.