October is National Cyber Security Awareness MonthOct. 16, 2012
Baylor University Information Technology Services works diligently to protect university information resources and our users from ever present threats on the Internet to identity theft and other crimes. However, there are some things that only end users can control. To add another barrier of protection against compromise of your personal information:
- Always use secure passwords
- Think before clicking links in emails or texts
- Keep your operating system and application software up to date
- Keep a back up copy of your critical files
- Delete any messages that ask you to email or post personal information (social security number, account numbers, passwords) online
To find out more about being cyber secure, come and see us at one of the following events, or visit us online at www.baylor.edu/bearaware.
Friend or Follow & Win Prizes!
Friday, October 12
11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Bill Daniel Student Center
"Sharking" in the Baylor Science Building
Wednesday, October 17
10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Come and see a flying shark while you learn more about phishing
"Brown Bag" Lunch:
Handling Information Securely
Barfield Drawing Room
Wednesday, October 24
Noon - 1:00 p.m.
Jon Allen, Information Security Officer &
Steve Kieff, Associate Audit Director