Service Response Center (extension 1361)
The Service Response Center (SRC) is responsible for receiving all requests for emergency, normal, or special services. It also establishes priorities and assigns responsibility to the appropriate department and/or trade for execution.
Service request may be submitted by calling the Service Response Center at the number listed above or by using the iServiceDesk.
- EMERGENCY SERVICE requests require prompt action because of the immediate or potential hazard to the safety of the campus community or property. They may also address a situation, which threatens an important campus function. Examples include: electrical power outages, gas/water leaks, flooding, snow or ice removal, etc. All fire alarms are reported to Baylor Department of Public Safety, at extension 2222.
- NORMAL SERVICE requests include maintenance and repair needs that commonly occur on a daily basis. Examples include: maintenance of doors, locks, windows, office furniture, lighting, heating or cooling problems, etc.
- SPECIAL SERVICE requests are typically non-routine labor-intensive, unfunded, or require technical review. These will be prioritized and subject to availability of capital or departmental funds. Examples include: security alarms, installation of power and coaxial cable runs, major painting, lock changes, new shelving, minor renovations, carpeting, and etc.
How to Obtain Services
The SRC is staffed between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 12:00 a.m., Monday through Friday. After these hours and on weekends as well as holidays, the Baylor Facility Services staff at the Baylor Energy Complex will assist you in obtaining maintenance and/or emergency services.
iServiceDesk is an Internet-based work order management system that allows BFS to better manage incoming work requests. We strongly encourage the use of iServiceDesk.
When you use iServiceDesk, your request is automatically entered into the system. Within 24 hours, you will receive a confirmation with a scheduled date and a work order number. You may also use iServiceDesk to access the status on your request and follow it through the system.
Although iServiceDesk is a convenient way to request services, please keep in mind the following:
- Emergency requests must be made in person or by telephone at extension 1361. Do not use iServiceDesk to submit an emergency request.
- Normal services should be requested via iServiceDesk.
Within five days, an acknowledgment copy of the Service Request will be returned to the requester with a scheduled completion date. Within five days after completion, the requester will receive a completion report. The report will include questions regarding the quality of services performed.
We welcome comments and suggestions!