In keeping with Baylor's Christian mission to educate men and women for worldwide leadership and service, the Office of Community Engagement and Service (CES) provides the campus-wide infrastructure for coordinating, supporting and advancing informed community engagement with the intention of leveraging the university's collective influence toward promoting positive social change.
- Student Growth - that Baylor students grow to become informed engaged leaders, and culturally competent, caring global citizens;
- Community Partnership - that Baylor, as an institution, model outstanding citizenship and community partnerships on campus, in Waco and the World;
- Expertise Development - that Baylor, as a university, be a center of expertise regarding the theory and practice of effective community engagement.
In our work with each other and with the community at large we strive to be:
- Empowering - In all that we do, we seek to build capacity and to foster human capability.
- Purposeful - We work with the goal of having a positive impact. We look for ways to assess that impact and to improve our efforts.
- Caring - We model and promote an ethic of care, compassion, responsibility and stewardship.
- Collaborative - We build trust and effective working relationships internally and externally through listening and collaboration.
- Christian – Our work is deeply rooted in our Christian values.