Peer Leader Program
2014-15 CES Peer Leaders
(back row): Kari Van Nest, Jaziah Masters, Othniel Tay, Carson Fuhs, Zachary Gee;
(front row): Elana Leon, Annabel Simpson, Julie Pitre, and Marisela Martin
Created in 2014 in conjunction with the Academy of Leader Development, the CES peer leader program is one of several Academy peer leader iterations. It provides advanced leadership opportunities & training for talented students looking to make a difference on campus and in the community. CES Peer Leaders serve as campus ambassadors for CES and work to promote a culture of informed engagement for their peers through service, education, and advocacy.
"By participating in the CES Peer Leader program...I was encouraged to continue to pursue a life directed towards change and expanded my understanding of development work." -Zach Gee
- Enroll in LDS 3305 Peer Leadership for CES
- Serve as a greeter, moderator, or presenter for at least 2 CES events during the semester.
- Complete 30 hour (2 hrs/week) community engagement and leadership project in service, education, or advocacy.
- Official CES name tag & polo shirt
- Paid registration to the No Need Among You Conference in Austin, TX
- Upon completion of the course, receive priority status for CES travel grants to attend professional conferences relating to community engagement
- Three hour Leadership course credit - can be used toward a Leadership Minor
- Practical experience to add to your resume and to increase your effectiveness in leading & serving.
Application Criteria and Process
CES is looking for talented & passionate student leaders. Are you ready to join our team?
- Must have demonstrated commitment to community engagement through experience in service, education, or advocacy.
- Must have 2.5 cumulative GPA & be in good academic standing
- Must submit Online Academy Peer Leader application by February 6, 2015 at 5 pm. Be sure to indicate your preference for the CES Peer Leader program!
For more information on the Academy of Leader Development Peer Leader Initative, contact:
Coordinator, New Student Experience
Academy of Leader Development
For more information on the CES Peer Leader Program, contact:
Associate Director, Community-Based Learning
Office of Community Engagement & Service