Peer Leader Program
Created in 2014 in conjunction with the Academy of Leader Development, the CES peer leader program is one of several Academy peer leader iterations. It provides advanced leadership opportunities & training for talented students looking to make a difference on campus and in the community. CES Peer Leaders serve as campus ambassadors for CES and work to promote a culture of informed engagement for their peers through service, education, and advocacy.
"By participating in the CES Peer Leader program...I was encouraged to continue to pursue a life directed towards change and expanded my understanding of development work." -Zach Gee
**Recruitment for fall 2016 has now closed.**
- Enroll in LDS 3305 Peer Leadership for CES
- Assist with CES campus outreach
- Apply leadership to specific service experience within a student organization or community partnership
- Official CES name tag & polo shirt
- Paid registration to the No Need Among You Conference in Austin, TX
- Three hour Leadership course credit - can be used toward a Leadership Minor
- Practical experience to add to your resume and to increase your effectiveness in leading & serving.
Application Criteria and Process
CES is looking for talented & passionate student leaders. Are you ready to join our team? Peer Leader recruitment is held each spring for the following academic year.
- Must have demonstrated commitment to community engagement through experience in service, education, or advocacy.
- Must have 2.5 cumulative GPA & be in good academic standing
- Must submit Online Academy Peer Leader application by February 5, 2016 at 5 pm. Be sure to indicate your preference for the CES Peer Leader program!
For more information on the Academy of Leader Development Peer Leader Initative, contact:
Coordinator for Leadership Development
Academy of Leader Development
For more information on the CES Peer Leader Program, contact:
Associate Director for Civic Learning Initiatives
Office of Community Engagement & Service