Peer Leader Program
, the CES peer leader program is one of several Academy peer leader iterations. It provides advanced leadership opportunities & training for talented students looking to make a difference on campus and in the community. CES Peer Leaders serve as campus ambassadors for CES and work to promote a culture of informed engagement for their peers through service, education, and advocacy.
"By participating in the CES Peer Leader program...I was encouraged to continue to pursue a life directed towards change and expanded my understanding of development work." -Zach Gee
**Recruitment for fall 2016 has now closed.**
- Enroll in LDS 3305 Peer Leadership for CES
- Assist with CES campus outreach
- Apply leadership to specific service experience within a student organization or community partnership
- Official CES name tag & polo shirt
- Paid registration to the No Need Among You Conference in Austin, TX
- Three hour Leadership course credit - can be used toward a Leadership Minor
- Practical experience to add to your resume and to increase your effectiveness in leading & serving.
Application Criteria and Process
CES is looking for talented & passionate student leaders. Are you ready to join our team? Peer Leader recruitment is held each spring for the following academic year.
- Must have demonstrated commitment to community engagement through experience in service, education, or advocacy.
- Must have 2.5 cumulative GPA & be in good academic standing
- Must submit Online Academy Peer Leader application by February 5, 2016 at 5 pm. Be sure to indicate your preference for the CES Peer Leader program!
For more information on the Academy of Leader Development Peer Leader Initative, contact:
Coordinator for Leadership Development
Academy of Leader Development
For more information on the CES Peer Leader Program, contact:
Associate Director for Civic Learning Initiatives
Office of Community Engagement & Service