When receiving a bomb threat over the telephone:
- Keep the caller on the line and talking as long as possible (pretend to have difficultly hearing – ask the caller to repeat what he/she said).
- Try to get as much information as possible about the location of the bomb and a description of the bomb and the caller (use bomb threat checklist).
- Stay on the line as long as possible, have someone else use another line to call Baylor Police 710-2222.
- After the caller hangs up, immediately contact Baylor Police, if they have not been contacted.
- If an evacuation of the building is ordered, take the bomb threat checklist with you and give it to Baylor Police.
When a suspicious object or potential bomb is discovered:
- Do not touch, move or disturb any suspicious object you feel might be a bomb.
- Keep people away from the area where the suspicious object is and call Baylor Police at 710-2222.
- Be sure to include a description of the object and its location when reporting.
When an evacuation is ordered:
- Collect your personal belongings (e.g., purse, briefcase, etc.) and take them with you as you exit the building.
- Look around your desk and/or office for any suspicious items. Do not touch anything suspicious; instead report it to Baylor Police after you exit the building.
- After evacuation, report to an Evacuation Assembly Point.
- Do not re-enter the building until instructed to do so by appropriate personnel (Baylor Police, Waco Fire Department, or Risk Management).