Baylor Sciences Building
East Campus Parking Garage
Hankamer / Cashion
McMullen Faculty Dining
Old Main Hall
Baylor Alert is Baylor University's system for alerting students, staff and faculty in the event of a natural disaster or other emergency on campus. Emergency information and instructions may be sent using one or all of the following methods:
- Text message to your cell phone (automatically opted in).
- Audio message to a cell phone or other telephone.
- Email notification to your Baylor email account.
- Outdoor mass notification system.
- Indoor voice evacuation system.
- Recorded Information on the University's Information Hotline, 254.710.4411.
- Designated websites:
- Other emerging communications platforms.
All initial messages will provide a brief description of the emergency type. When additional information is available a text may be sent to direct students, staff and faculty their Baylor Email. The information you receive may caution you to avoid certain areas of the campus, let you know if classes are cancelled due to an emergency, or provide vital information on what actions you need to take if you are on campus during such a situation.
Notifications are given to the entire community due to the size of the campus, the frequency of movement within the campus by community members, and the concept of keeping the entire community aware of significant emergencies.
Information about emergencies on campus is disseminated to the Waco community by the Baylor University Public Information Officer using several different medias such as the Baylor webpage, 254.710.4411, and local news.