Lab Specific CHP Template
Developing A Laboratory Specific Chemical Hygiene Plan
Each laboratory shall develop written documentation of the following:
- The identity of the laboratory and names of the Department Safety Coordinator, the Principal Investigator or Director, and any other person responsible for the implementation of the site-specific chemical hygiene plan.
- The name of the Laboratory safety coordinator/supervisor/manager for the lab.
- Contact information and emergency numbers for responsible parties and lab members.
- Emergency action plan.
- Inventory of chemicals.
- Inventory of Particularly Hazardous Substances.
- Location of MSDSs.
- Laboratory Specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for unique chemical hazards not covered by this section and any highly hazardous chemicals and processes.
- Description of procedures for in-lab management of chemical waste disposal.
- Documentation of laboratory-specific training
- Signature page to indicate that the CHP is accurate and has been reviewed (and updated as needed) on an annual basis.