The Medallion Fellowship is a society recognizing cumulative giving to Baylor University. Members at the first three levels are awarded medallions and at the fourth level, a statue, commissioned by Douglas W. Crow, retired professor of German and Sculptor-in-Residence and a Baylor faculty member from 1970-2003. Members at the next two levels are awarded a hand-etched Waterford crystal vase and a custom stained glass hanging commissioned by artist Bryant Stanton, respectively. This circle of supporters provides a foundation to the prosperity of the institution, and, as beneficiaries of their philanthropy, the university community recognizes the significance of this fellowship.
James Huckins Medallion:
cumulative gifts greater than $250,000
James Huckins was one of the three principal founders of Baylor and was also Baylor's first full-time fundraiser. A New Hampshire native, Huckins was the first missionary appointed to Texas by the American Baptist Home Missionary Society. He was also an educator, businessperson and community leader who was deeply devoted to the cause of Christ.
Pat Neff Medallion:
cumulative gifts greater than $500,000
Pat M. Neff, president of Baylor from 1932-1947, was one of five alumni elected Governor of Texas, and the fifth president in length of service. He guided Baylor through one of its major crises, the Great Depression, with extraordinary dedication and skill, and later through the era of World War II.
cumulative gifts greater than $1 million
The Presidents Medallion bears the profiles of four presidents who each served the university 20 or more years: Rufus Columbus Burleson, William Carey Crane, Samuel Palmer Brooks and Abner Vernon McCall. These persons portrayed on the medallion served Baylor as president for a total of 92 years and represent all 13 presidents of the university.
Judge R.E.B. Baylor Society
Judge R.E.B. Baylor, for whom the university is named, was a native of Kentucky who served in the Kentucky and Alabama legislatures and was a member of the 21st U.S. Congress. He came to Texas in 1839 and served as a district judge from 1844-1864. He was an ordained minister who was active in religious, educational and legal affairs in Texas until his death in 1873 at the age of 80.