Priorities for Schools and Colleges
Baylor's Vision for 2012, though continuous with our cherished past, seeks a new level of excellence. Baylor University aspires to what few institutions, if any, have ever achieved. Within the course of a decade, Baylor intends to enter the top tier of American universities while reaffirming and deepening its distinctive Christian mission. Baylor will build a faculty and a student body to provide leadership in a period of change and conflict. It will strengthen and expand its traditional sense of community. It will pursue athletic excellence with integrity. In doing all these things, it will take its place among the finest colleges and universities in the world.
Our vision will be accomplished over the next 10 years through several key objectives, including several in the area of academics:
- reducing the student-faculty ratio from 19:1 to 13:1;
- recruiting and retaining a world-class faculty and student body;
- expanding our student life and academic programs;
- strengthening and expanding the Graduate School; and
- renovating existing buildings and constructing new facilities.