Neuro Clinic FAQs
- What type of rehabilitation services do you provide?
Speech therapy is the only service we provide. The Neurorehabilitation Clinic is a clinical training site for our graduate students as a part of the Communication Sciences and Disorders Department at Baylor University.
- Who provides the services?
All therapy is provided by the graduate students attending the Baylor University Communication Sciences and Disorders Department. All therapy is supervised by an ASHA certified speech language pathologist.
- Where do your referrals come from?
The clients attending this program are referred by other Central Texas speech language pathologist, physicians, and family members.
- How can I become a participant in your program?
Once we receive referral information, we will schedule a diagnostic evaluation and determine need and eligibility based on the diagnostic information.
- How much does it cost to attend the Neurorehabilitation Clinic? Do you accept medicaid/medicare, or personal insurance?
We are able to provide services at a reasonable cost due to the fact that this is a university setting, and therefore, we do not accept insurance. Scholarships are available to those who have financial need, so do not hesitate to call if this is a concern.
- What is group therapy?
Group therapy gives the clients a non-threatening place to practice communication skills, as well as social time with other adults that are experiencing similar communication difficulties.
- Do you provide transportation services for the clients attending the program?
We do not provide transportation services for the clients attending the program. If transportation is an issue, give us a call and we can provide you with a list of transportation services that may be able to assist you.