Director of Film & Digital Media Division
Associate Professor, Film & Digital Media
Office: Castellaw Communications Center 122
Office Hours: M/W 8:30am - 11:30am or by appt.
Dept. of Communication Studies
One Bear Place # 97368
Waco, TX 76798-7368
- B.A., English, Lee College
- M.A., Communication, Regent University
- M.F.A., Script & Screenwriting, Regent University
Chris Hansen is an award-winning writer and director. His recent feature film, the satirical mock documentary The Proper Care & Feeding of an American Messiah, has screened in more than 15 film festivals and screening series, including AFI Dallas, the Silver Lake Film Festival in L.A., and the Virginia Film Festival. It was named Best Feature at South Padre Island Film Festival and Film Expo Texas, Best Comedy Feature ("A Ridiculously Good Movie") at Southern Winds Film Festival, and Best Mockumentary Feature at the Atlanta Underground Film Festival. The film is available for purchase on Amazon.com.
His short documentary, Clean Freak, has screened in a number of festivals and won several awards, including a Gold Remi for short documentary at Houston WorldFest, a Certificate of Merit from the Rochester/High Falls Int'l Film Festival, and Honorable Mention and "Director's Pick" from ReelHeART Int'l Film Festival.
Chris resides in Robinson, Texas with his wife, Sherry, and their four daughters. You can read more about his work in film and screenwriting at his blog, Making Movies in Flyover Country (http://christopherhansen.blogspot.com).
Member, Independent Writers Caucus (WGAw)
- FDM 1303 Intro to Mass Communication
- FDM 3373 Screenwriting
- FDM 4382 Advanced Screenwriting
- FDM 4340 Mass Media & Society
- FDM 4366 Postproduction
- FDM 4367 Film & Video Directing
- FDM 4371 Field Production
- Film/Video Production and Postproduction
- Film Industry (Business and Dealmaking)
- Film History
- Feature screenwriting and Independent Feature Filmmaking; active filmmaker working on new feature and short projects