Professor of Communication
Office Castellaw Communications Center 156
Office Hours: MW 10 am � 11:30 am and by appointment or drop in any time
Dept. of Communication Studies
One Bear Place # 97368
Waco, TX 76798-7368
- B.A., Texas Christian University, '62
- M.A., University of Oklahoma, '64
- Ph.D., University of Oklahoma, '66
Native Texas, born, raised, and worked in Texas with the exception of two years in residence at the University of Oklahoma (1962-1964). Crossed the Red River in July 1964, fell to my knees and kissed the ground on the south side of the river and have been in Texas ever since. Family: wife Sandra, sons Mark William, Christopher Sean, and Jeffrey Scott, two in the business world, one in medicine, all now off of the payroll. Five grandchildren, Nicholas the Great, William the Conqueror, Nathan the Invincible, Queen Elizabeth, and Thomas the Terrific. Boo and Big Daddy as we are known to our grandchildren have one very hard and fast rule when they come to visit which is anything you want, the answer is yes.
Favorite activities: scuba diving, travel, time at the lake house, all of which assume we are accompanied by one or more of the grandchildren. Family trips anywhere are a favorite.
- CSS 1301, Fundamentals of Public Communication
- CSS 1302, Speech for Business & Professional Students
- Public Speaking
- Argumentation and public policy
- History and criticism of public address