Baylor in London - For Your Safety
Before you leave:
- Let your bank know ahead of time that you are planning to travel, and to where, and which credit cards you are taking.
- Take a least two credit cards with you, and check with your banks on the balances before you leave.
- Make sure you have with you the correct phone number of exact places you need to call, and your credit card account numbers, in case your cards are stolen.
- Put your name, address, and telephone number inside each piece of checked and carry-on luggage.
- Keep your expensive jewelry at home.
During your trip:
- Notify your faculty sponsors of personal adventures you are taking.
- Remember to lock your dorm room when you leave it.
- Pay attention to your surroundings and the people around you.
- Carry your wallet in your front pocket, or use body belts that wrap around your waist under your clothes. Purses should be carried close to the body with the latch side facing in.
- Carry only the amount of cash and travelers checks you need while away from the dorm.
- Do not let strangers hear your sightseeing plans or schedules.
- Dress casually to avoid attracting attention.
- Travel with others in groups. At night, travel with others in mixed groups when possible.
- Do your banking during the day with others when possible.
- Do not take shortcuts through unlighted areas.
- Avoid getting into a taxi occupied by others, and use only a licensed taxi.
- Do not flash your cash or credit cards around at any time.
- Get receipts for everything you buy.