Volunteer Now - Sign Me Up!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the 2013 Move-In Days. With your energy, excitement, and help, we will once again bring another great class of new students to Baylor University. This is the class of 2017!
The assignments for volunteers will be made the week of August 5-9. The website will remain active until August 15th.
With the campus footprint growing, we have changed the 'theme' of Move In from football to an airport. So as you determine which position to sign up for, please read the descriptions. There are three entry points, or terminals, we direct traffic through to get them as close as possible to their residence hall. Terminal A - 8th and Speight, Terminal B - 5th and Speight, Terminal C - Baylor Avenue by the Library (3rd street). Click here to see a map. We have done this in anticipation of launching Terminal D with the opening of East Village in the fall of 2013.
Please read the instructions below regarding signing up you and/or your group, department, organization.
Positions: (please indicate your preferred position in the "Notes" section of the system)
- ATC = Air Traffic Controllers (directing traffic, standing, no lifting)
- BH = Baggage Handlers (carrying, lifting, hauling stuff)
- GA = Gate Agents (work indoors with check-in process, greeters)
- FA = Flight Attendants (work outside at hydration stations to serve the physical needs of volunteers and new students)
- MED = Medical Personnel (provide medical services - certified medical doctors, athletic trainers, nurses)
- WP = Welcome Party (deliver goodies - cookies, finger foods, fruits - deliver to the SLC)
- Early Arrival - Wednesday, August 21 (7:00 AM-12:00 PM, report at 6:30 am or 7:30 am)
- On-Time Arrival - Thursday, August 22 (7:00 AM-12:00 PM, report at 6:30 am or 7:30 am)
- Airport Field Pass - Both days
Sign Up to Volunteer
Go to to the section for volunteering as an Individual - please choose your t-shirt size, service type and shift preference. When completed, click the submit button. A valid Bear ID is required to access this form.
Campus Departments, Student Organizations or Church Groups
Please provide the total number of volunteers, the breakdown of t-shirt sizes needed, and your contact information. We do not need individual names. Student organizations and church groups must serve as baggage handlers.
Please Note: T-Shirts will be available for pick-up by the department contact person.