Packing for Move-In Day
Move2BU is a highly organized University coordinated event aimed at making move-in as pleasant as possible. The Baylor campus will experience high volumes of traffic and significant parking limitations on each move-in day. There will be plenty of faculty, staff, students, and community church volunteers to help students unload their belongings and direct traffic around campus. The information below will help you prepare for your move to Baylor University.
- Submit your Bacterial Meningitis vaccination form to the Baylor Health Center at least ten days prior to the first day of class. Students may not register for classes or move into the residence halls until this step is complete.
- Connect with your roommate(s) and learn about your community on the Campus Living & Learning website.
- If you are bringing a vehicle to campus, purchase and pick up your parking pass from Parking and Transportation Services located in Robinson Tower.
- Bring your Baylor issued ID card you received at Orientation. If you do not have one, or lost it, go to Robinson Tower prior to moving in. You will need your ID card to move in.
- Please avoid bringing large rental moving trucks and trailers to Move-In day as parking space for such vehicles is extremely limited and not available in the surrounding areas of the residence halls.
- Try to consolidate all of your items to one unloading vehicle to reduce traffic in the unloading zones.
- Arrive on-campus and follow your assigned route to your residence hall.
- As you pull up to your residence hall, as available, volunteer move-in staff will immediately begin unloading your belongings and help deliver them to your room. Be sure everything is labeled with your name, residence hall, and room number. Indicate if boxes contain fragile items.
- Park your unloaded vehicle in a nearby parking facility.
- Check in at your residential community lobby with your Baylor ID card. Here you will receive a hard key or activate your 4-digit PIN code that will be the “key” to your room on your Baylor ID card.
- Arrive to your room and begin unpacking and settling in.
- Meet your Community Leader and neighbors!