As a Campus Living & Learning staff member, you will have some amazing opportunities to grow professionally. Based on your strengths, interests, and goals, you will work with your supervisor to choose the most beneficial professional development opportunities for you. Examples of such opportunities include:
- Serving on University-wide and Student Life division-wide committees
- Teaching a section of LDS 3V01-- Christian Leadership in Residential Communities, a course required of all Community Leaders the semester before they begin their role
- Attending and presenting at local, regional, and national conferences related to higher education, housing, and student affairs
- Membership in professional organizations
- Purchasing books for professional growth (10% max. of your budget)
To make professional development goals a reality, Residence Hall Directors receive $1,500 per year.
"Baylor's commitment to academic excellence and Christianity really drew me in. After attending two state institutions, I wanted to be in an environment where I could talk openly about my faith and share it with others. Looking at other Christian institutions of higher education, Baylor one of few institutions that believe that being a top research institution and remaining a truly Christian university is achievable, and that one does not have to supersede the other."
Director of Kokernot