Based on the type of housing you are applying for, the process varies. Here you will find the nuts and bolts of how to secure a housing assignment.
New Students (Full Academic Year Application)
- Pay your Enrollment Deposit once you are admitted to Baylor.
- Activate your Bear ID to gain access to the Housing Preferences Form. (Note: You may need to wait up to 24 hours before you can access the housing application using your new Bear ID.)
- Review your options and determine your preferences.
- Review the Housing Application Guide.
- Choose your preferences on the Housing Preferences Form through goBAYLOR.
Freshmen: Baylor has a residency requirement for freshmen. All freshmen should complete this form indicating their First Year Experience Hall preferences.
McLennan County Residents: Students who are residents of McLennan County may request a residency exemption form.
Transfers: Housing is not guaranteed for transfer students. The Transfer Year Experience Living-Learning Center (TYE-LLC) is a unique option available to transfer students. You can apply to the TYE-LLC after you complete your housing preferences on the application. Space is extremely limited in our other upper-division Apartments (which you must preference on your housing application), so if you would like to be placed on our waiting list, please email us at Living_Learning@baylor.edu.
- Complete an application for a Living-Learning Program if you are interested in participating in that type of community. If you are admitted, your Living-Learning Program acceptance will override the preferences indicated on your housing form.
- Complete the Health Form (showing compliance with the Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination requirement or appropriate exemptions) and submit the form to the Health Center.
- Watch your Baylor email account for your housing assignment. Assignments are sent the first weeks of June and July, as well as throughout the summer.
Returning Students (Full Academic Year Application)
- Reapplication happens every year in late fall for the next academic year. Please visit Upper Division Housing Signup for more information.
*2015-16 on-campus housing sign-ups for upper division sttudents is currently closed. To inquire about availavle space or to be placed on our waitlist, please email Living_Learning@baylor.edu