Based on the type of housing you are applying for, the process varies. Here you will find the nuts and bolts of how to secure a housing assignment.
New Students (Full Academic Year Application)
- Pay your university deposit once you are admitted to Baylor.
- Activate your Bear ID to gain access to the Housing Preferences Form.
- Review your options and determine your preferences.
- Review the Housing Application Guide Housing Application Guide.
- Choose your preferences on the Housing Preferences Form through goBaylor.
Freshmen: Baylor has a residency requirement for freshmen. All freshmen should complete this form indicating their First Year Experience Hall preferences.
McLennan County Residents: Students who are residents of McLennan County may request a residency exemption form. Email us or call us at 254.710.3642.
Transfers: Many transfers choose to live on campus to better connect with other students. If you want to live on campus, complete the form indicating your Apartment preferences. Additionally, the Transfer Year Experience Living-Learning Center is a unique option available to transfer students.
- Complete an application for a Living-Learning Program if you are interested in participating in that type of community. If you are admitted, your Living-Learning Program acceptance will override the preferences indicated on your housing form.
- Complete the Health Form (showing compliance with the Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination requirement or appropriate exemptions) and submit the form to the Health Center.
- Watch your Baylor email account for your housing assignment. Assignments are sent the first weeks of June and July, as well as throughout the summer.
Returning Students (Full Academic Year Application)
- Reapplication happens every year in late fall for the next academic year. Please visit Upper Division Housing Signup for more information.
Spring 2015 Only Students (Jan 2015-May 2015) SPACE IS VERY LIMITED
- New Freshman: Choose your preferences on the Housing Application through goBaylor.
- Transfers: Choose your preferences on the Housing Preferences Form through goBaylor. You may also consider applying to the Transfer Year Experience Living-Learning Center.
- Current off-campus students: Choose your preferences on the Housing Application through the Current Student Application. Current Baylor Student Housing Application.