East Arbors Building Details
East Arbors apartments houses upper-division female students and is located near the McLane Student Life Center, the Baylor Science Building, and the Hankamer/Cashion buildings. A full-time professional Hall Director, assisted by a graduate assistant director, provides leadership to the apartment staff and residents. Community Leaders (CL's) are upperclass students who live among residents to help them build and maintain meaningful relationships within their communities, connect them to campus involvement opportunities, and lead them in a way that is mindful of Baylor's mission and values. A Resident Chaplain, a current Truett Seminary student, also serves at the complex. The Resident Chaplain can be a resource and support for students as they explore God's call upon their lives. Office assistants provide informational services to the residents at the hall office and maintenance personnel handle building repairs. Baylor DPS patrol the complex to ensure safety for the residents.
- Mail should be sent to your apartment: 1717 South 2nd St., #xx, Waco, TX 76706.
- All packages (Federal Express, etc.) should be addressed the same way and will be held in the front office.
- Flowers may be delivered to East Arbors at 1717 S. 2nd St, Waco, TX 76706.
- There is a full bathroom upstairs that includes a tub with a showerhead, toilet, and two sinks. Shower curtains are provided.
- A half bath is downstairs with a toilet and sink.
- There is one closet per resident in each room. The closet is approximately 42" wide by 26" deep with one shelf and one clothes rod the width of the closet.
- Roommates share a storage closet underneath the stairs. The average storage closet measures 60" wide by 26" deep and has a shelf and clothes rod the width of the closet.
- Residents may wish to bring personal computers. Front Desk Networks provides wireless internet for each apartment. For more information on connecting to the wireless network, please visit http://www.baylor.edu/cll/restech.
- The apartments include a full kitchen area, with an oven & range, refrigerator and dishwasher. Residents need to furnish their own dishes and kitchen utensils. Residents ARE allowed to bring a microwave.
- There are 4 dining options in the residence halls (Brooks College, Collins, Memorial, and Penland) and a food court available with declining balance or cash payment options in the Bill Daniel Student Center.
- Java City, located on the garden level of Moody Memorial Library, serves sandwiches and coffee for declining balance or cash payment.
- The Seasons Sushi is located in the North Village Community Center and provides made to order sushi favorites.
- Atrium Cafe in the Baylor Science Building.
- All incoming freshmen are required to purchase a minimum 11-meal plan.
- All floors are covered with carpet, except the bathrooms, which have neutral vinyl tile.
- Courtesy cleaning equipment, such as brooms, mops, and vacuum cleaners, are available for checkout from the apartment office.
- Each room is furnished with a bed and dresser for each resident. All furniture is movable, but must remain in the room and not be dismantled, stacked, or raised off the floor. Desks are not provided.
- The bed is a standard twin, and has a 40" wide wooden headboard, and the mattress is a standard twin (39" wide by 75" long).
- The bed rail is 15" from the floor to the bottom of the bed rail. From the top of the bed rail (under the mattress)
to the floor is about 18". From the top of the mattress to the floor is approximately 24".
- There is ample space for storage under the bed.
- Roommates share the 54" by 20" dresser, which has four drawers for each resident. (In a three-person room, there is an additional four-drawer chest.) Each room has one large framed mirror.
- The living room includes a sofa, either a loveseat or chair, coffee table, and end table with table lamp.
- Dining rooms are furnished with a table and 4 chairs.
- On site laundry facilities include washers and dryers which are coin-operated ($1.00 to wash, 25 cents to dry for 12 minutes.)
- There is a study room located in East Arbors #11.
- One telephone line per room is provided.
- Your telephone number will be included with your room assignment information.
- Your telephone line is limited to free local calling. If you need to place long distance phone calls, you will need to have a prepaid phone card or calling card.
- Telephone instruments are not provided.
- Students may bring their own television. (TV's may not be hung from walls.)
- All apartments are cable-ready and offer basic cable for residents.
- Residents interested in additional cable channels may purchase them from Front Desk Networks. To view options:
- Go to http://www.acceleratemenow.com
- Click on "Digital TV"
- Select "Texas" - "Waco" - Apartment Area and click "Go"
- Please note, residents are responsible for any additional cable charges beyond the basic channel lineup provided by Campus Living & Learning.
- All walls are painted cream. Residents may not paint the walls.
- Posters and pictures may be attached to the walls with white sticky-tack. Colored sticky-tack, nails, screws, and foam tapes are not allowed. Use of these items will result in fines at the end of the school year.
- Curtains are best hung on tension rods inside the windows.
- Mini-blinds are on all windows and must remain in place (but may be pulled to the top of the window if you prefer).