- and 1099
These are issued between January and March.
WAIT UNTIL YOU HAVE ALL THE FORM(S) BEFORE YOU BEGIN THE PROCESS.
Form 1042-S are mailed to the students or picked up at the Payroll Office:
- Students who worked and are from a treaty country could have both forms (if they completed Form 8233):
- 1042-S form for wages that were exempt because of the treaty
- W-2 form for the wages they earned over the treaty limit
- If they did not go over the treaty limit, they only receive Form 1042-S
- Students from non-treaty countries who worked on work-study or graduate payroll will receive a W-2 form (pick up from Payroll or download from BearWeb (Employee Tab)
- Students from non-treaty country, receiving a non-taxable fellowship from the Graduate school will receive a 1042-S form (mailed, or pick up at Payroll)
- International Athletes who received a scholarship will all receive a 1042-S form (mailed, or pick up at Payroll Office)
**Check that your name and SSN/ITIN are correct on these income statements. If they are incorrect, contact Payroll.**