CHEMISTRY SPEAKERS AND GRADUATE-LEVEL TOPICS 2010/2011
Speakers should be contacted directly. Email addresses are given for each speaker, and the department address/phone number is as follows:
Department of Chemistry
One Bear Place #97348
Waco, TX 76798
Darrin J. Bellert
- An Experimental Study of the Kinetics and Dynamics of Metal Ion Assisted C–C and C–H Bond Activation at Low Internal Energies
- Redox-Switchable Metal Complexes in Analytical Chemistry
- Pharmaceuticals and Personal Care Products in Fish. Novel Screening Methods and Results of a National Pilot Study in the U.S.
- Compositional Analysis of Biomass Feedstocks and Process Streams. The Role of Analytical Chemistry in Biomass-to-Ethanol Conversion
- The Biocoordination chemistry of HNO: from Warren Roper to Hemoglobin
- The Mysteries of Melanin
- Targeting Melanoma with Metal-based Drugs
- Photochemistry of Dithiomaltol Complexes: redox reaction of dark excited states
- Capillary Gas Chromatography: What You Can Do With 200,000 Theoretical Plates in Research and Teaching
- New Nitrogen and Phosphorus Ligands - Pyrazolylpyridines and the First C2-Chiral Phosphinine
- Structural Studies and Synthetic Applications of Internally Coordinated Chiral Organoboranes
- Simple Compounds with Unexpected Properties: Organic Gelling Agents
- 252Cf Plasma Desorption Mass Spectrometry - Boiling Molecules by Nuclear Energy
- The Organic Chemistry of Fresh Flesh
- Hedging our bets: Suppressing or Stimulating Immune Responses Using Organic Synthesis
- Screening and Characterization of High Affinity ssDNA Aptamers against Anthrax
- Coordination chemistry and reactivity of pyridyl containing phosphinites and phosphonites
- Atmospheric Chemistry Linked to Visible Light Absorption
- Planetary atmospheres: Spectroscopy and reactivity in cryogenic liquids
- A Chemist's View of Surface Chemistry
- The P's and Q's of Model Construction
- Recent Developments in DIM: An Approximate Polyatomics in Molecule Treatment for Electron Transfer Reactions and/or a Second Quantized Form for Approximate Dynamical Treatments
- The Discovery and Development of Vascular Disrupting Agents (VDAs) for Cancer Chemotherapy and the Treatment of Related Vascular Specific Diseases
- Developing drug therapies for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
- Why do some metallo-proteins regulate their net charge during metal binding?
- Understanding how electrostatic surface potentials affect the rate of hydrogen-deuterium exchange in proteins.
- Developing chemical tools to bridge proteomics and structural biology.
- Specificity and Inhibition of Gamma-Glutamylamine Cyclotransferase