- Varian VNMRS 500 MHz NMR, with Z-gradients, fully multinuclear (auto tune probe) and equipped for continuous variable temperature operation.
As of September 2014 we have three new instruments:
- Bruker Fourier 300 MHz, (1H, 13C, automated, specifically to support undergraduate teaching research.
- Bruker Ascend 400 MHz, multinuclear, variable temperature, automated.
- Bruker Ascend 600 MHz, with Prodigy cold probe, four-channel, multinuclear, variable temperature, automated.
- Thermo Orbitrap (ESI and APCI/APPI ionizations, HRMS up to 30,000)
- Waters Synapt LC-MS (ESI ionization, HRMS up to 17,000)
- Waters Prospec 3000 (EI and CI ionizations, HRMS up to 10,000)
- Thermo LCQ (ESI ionization, 2000 AMU)
- Thermo DSQ GC/MS with solids probe (EI ionization, 1050 AMU)
- Bruker CCD single-crystal diffractometer with low temperature
- JASCO Model J-810 Spectropolarimeter with six position Peltier thermoelectric control system
- Rudolph Autopol automatic polarimeter
- Microcal ITC-200 micro isothermal titration calorimeter
- Calorimetry Services Corporation Isothermal Titration Calorimeter
In addition, the department has numerous UV-vis and IR spectrometers, gas and liquid chromatographs and fluorimeters, a UV reactor and a spinning band distillation apparatus.