Potential Research Areas
Current research opportunities are available within any of the research areas listed for the Center.
Brief descriptions of the currently scheduled research areas available for the summer of 2011 can be found at the CASPER Professors' Research Interests page.
Eligibility and Selection CriteriaCollege undergraduates interested in pursuing a career in the physical sciences are eligible. Applicants will be considered for appointment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, national origin, age, handicap status or any other non-merit factor. Appointment selection is competitive and will be based upon the following criteria: (1) scholarship, curriculum and experience, (2) career objectives and scientific interest, (3) match of applicant interest with available research projects within the department and (4) letters of recommendation. Applications are now being accepted. If you wish to apply, please notify me via E-mail to obtain additional information. For final confirmation of appointment, successful applicants must sign a letter of acceptance (or rejection) of the offer to participate within one (1) week of notification.
You can apply via the Web (except for transcripts and recommendation letters which must be sent via mail as explained below) by filling out the form located here. All applications submitted via snail-mail must be typed and should include the following information:
- Name and address at school with both day and evening phone numbers.
- Permanent address and phone number.
- Classification, Cumulative GPA and Physics GPA (4.0 point scale).
- Earliest available date for reporting to work.
- Present Degree Program, Major and Major field of interest.
- Relevant work experience or training (research assistantships, summer jobs, laboratory experience, computer experience, etc.).
- A brief biographical sketch.
- A description of your academic goals, career plans and preferred area of research.
- A brief summary of why you wish to participate in the intern program.
- An official transcript along with three letters of recommendation covering academic achievement, career potential and character. References must be included with the application packet. They should be on school letterhead and in a sealed envelope.
One Baylor Place #97310
Waco, Texas 76798-7310
Phone: (254) 710-3763 Ñ Fax: (254) 710-7309
Internet: [email protected]