Baylor > Campus Recreation > Intramurals > Sports & Schedules > Kickball
||September 2, 2015
||September 16, 2015
||Pool Play to All-University Tournament
|Location of Games:
||Parker Brothers Sports Complex
The following are general rules. Kickball games will follow the rules outlined by WAKA (World Adult Kickball Association).
- A team consists of ten (10) players. Eight (8) players are required to start a game.
- A team must always have a pitcher AND a catcher.
- The following items are required uniform pieces:
- Opposing teams must wear contrasting colored jerseys with a visible number on at least one side. (Colored pennies will be available). These jerseys must be tucked in at all times.
- Players must wear pants or shorts without belt loops, drawstrings, or pockets.
- The following items are prohibited:
- Hats with an exposed hard bill.
- Shoes with metal spikes.
- Jewelry, including watches, rings, earrings, etc. Medical information tags are allowed a long as it is taped to the skin.
- The following items are allowed:
- Knit or stocking cap, headband, rubber or cloth bands to control hair.
- Game start time is forfeit time.
- Games will consist of 5 innings or team who is leading after 45 minutes
- 1 run is awarded when a runner touches home plate
- A runner must touch home plate before the third out is made, except that no run can score when the third out is made during a force play situation, or when the kicker is put out before touching first base.
- At the end of a game the team with the most runs wins.
- Captains are the only players permitted to talk to any referee.
- All pitching must be done by hand, though no restriction on style is enforced
- No strikes or balls will be recorded. The kicker is at bat until the ball is kicked in play.
- Exception: foul balls may be caught for an out.
- All kicked balls must travel at least as far as the pitcher's mound.
- Any ball not travelling past pitcher's mound will be considered a foul and will be re-played.
- Exception: defensive player fields a moving ball before it has travelled far enough. This will be considered live.
- All fielders, besides the catcher and pitcher, must be out of the infield until the ball is kicked
- Kicks are any contact with the ball below the knee
- All kicks must occur behind or on home plate and no part of the kicker's plant foot may cross home plate until after the ball is kicked
- Base runners are not allowed to take leads or steal
- A tag-up is a requirement to retouch or stay on a base until a kicked then caught ball is first touched by a fielder. After a tag-up a runner may advance. A runner failing to tag-up as required is out.
- Runners traveling from home plate may overrun first base, and may only be tagged out if actively attempting to advance to second base.
- If a runner is tagged in the head or neck, it is not considered an out
- If a runner purposefully blocks a tag with the head or neck, they are out
- Any rules not outlined herein follow the customary rules of baseball
- Kickball is typically played on a softball sized field, however, field dimensions can vary given constraints and purpose
- The referee's decisions are final in matters pertaining to the game.