Baylor > Campus Recreation > Intramurals > Sports & Schedules > Softball
||March 27, 2013
||April 2, 2013 at 4pm or
April 3, 2013 at 6pm
McLane Student Life Center (SLC), Room 308
||April 8, 2013
||Pool Play to All-University Tournament
|Location of Games:
||Parker Brothers Sports Complex (Intramural Fields)
||A team is comprised of 10 participants. 8 players are required in order to avoid a forfeit.
Baylor Intramural Softball will be governed by the NIRSA Slow Pitch Softball Rulebook, with the exceptions listed below. (Copies of the rulebook available for viewing upon request.)
- Teams must have 8 players to start a game.
- An automatic out will be given for open spots in the batting order.
- Must have a pitcher and catcher at all times.
Uniform and Equipment:
- Bring your own equipment.
- We will provide balls. 4 bats available for checkout.
- No metal spikes!
- Consist of 7 innings, or 50 minutes, whichever comes first.
- Game time is forfeit time. Please arrive 15 minutes early.
- Mercy Rule: 20 runs after 3rd inning, 15 after 4th inning, 10 after 5th inning.
- Ten players in the field, same ten players bat, with the following exception:
- Teams may use a designated hitter for one player in the field.
- Each batter starts with a 2 balls, 1 strike count.
- A foul ball third strike is an out.
- 5 home run limit. Each home run hit after the fifth is an automatic out.
- No throwing the bat – doing so will result in an automatic out.
- Teams must inform scorekeeper of any substitution. Player may only re-enter in same spot of batting order one time.
Pitches must be slow! A strike must be at least 6' high and no higher than 12', and it must cross the plate from the armpits to just below the knees. (Please note that slow pitch softball is more fun for everyone when the ball is put in play often – so be prepared to swing the bat!)