Baylor > Campus Recreation > Intramurals > Sports & Schedules > Softball
||March 23, 2016
||March 29, 2016 at 4pm or
March 30, 2016 at 6pm
McLane Student Life Center (SLC), Room 308
||April 4, 2016
||Pool Play to All-University Tournament
|Location of Games:
||Parker Brothers Sports Complex (Intramural Fields)
Baylor Intramural Softball will be governed by the NIRSA Slow Pitch Softball Rulebook, with the exceptions listed below. (Copies of the rulebook available for viewing upon request.)
- Teams can field 10 players and bat 11 players.
- Teams must have 8 players to start a game.
- An automatic out will take the 9th spot in the lineup.
- Must have a pitcher and catcher at all times.
- Each team should wear uniformly colored numbered shirts that contrast with the opponent's shirts.
- Gloves are NOT provided.
- Intramural Sports will provide bats and balls.
- Metal spikes are not allowed.
- Game time is forfeit time.
- Game consist of 7 innings, or 50 minutes, whichever comes first.
- Grace can be awarded to an opponent if and only if a representative of that team is signed in.
- Grace is 10 minutes.
- o 2 runs are instantly given to the team who grants grace.
- A mercy rule will be enforced if a team is winning by any of the following:
- 20 runs after 3 innings
- 15 runs after 4 innings
- 10 runs after 5 innings
- Ten players in the field, same ten players must bat, with the addition of an 11th batter.
- Each batter starts with a 1 ball, 1 strike count.
- A foul ball third strike is an out.
- No throwing the bat, doing so will result in an automatic out.
- Sliding into a base in any manner in not permitted. Sliding will result in an automatic out.
- Teams must inform scorekeeper of any substitution. Player may only re-enter in same spot of batting order one time.
- A strike must have at least 6 ft. arc no higher than 12 ft., and it must cross the plate from the front shoulder to the back knee.
- Slow pitch softball is more fun for everyone when the ball is put in play often, so be prepared to swing the bat!
All-University Tournament Eligibility:
- In order to be eligible to compete in the All-University Tournament, teams must:
- Be one of the top team of their division
- Obtain a cumulative sportsmanship rating of 3.0 during the regular season.
- In addition, at-large bids will be awarded at the discretion of the Championship Selection Committee.