Baylor > Campus Recreation > Intramurals > Sports & Schedules > Wallyball
||October 8, 2014
||October 20, 2014
||Pool Play to All-University Tournament
|Location of Games:
||McLane Student Life Center (SLC) Racquetball Courts
||A team is comprised of 4 participants. Three (3) players are required in order to avoid a forfeit.
- The match is played best 2 out of 3 and/or completed within the scheduled forty-five minutes
- Each game consists of 15 points
- Rally Scoring - a point is scored at the end of every play
- The last game goes to 11 points
- Teams DO NOT have to win by two points
- The first team to win 2 games wins the match
- All regular season games must be completed within the forty-five minutes
- The team ahead at the end of the forty-five minutes gets the win
- For all playoff games, there will be no time restriction and teams will be allowed to play all 3 games if needed
- No catching, lifting or throwing of the ball over the net is allowed
- No touching the net
- The opponent cannot block the set
- If any part of the ball has crossed the vertical plane, a free ball is in effect and both teams are entitled to it.
- Substitutions may be made when the ball is not in play.
- The ball is dead when it hits the floor or the ceiling
- The opponents back wall is out of bounds to your team
- You may use two walls on your own side of the court to keep the ball in play.
- The ball may only hit opponent's wall once or no wall at all
- A ball passing through the side openings of the net on the 1st or 2nd contact is replayed
- Third contact through the side opening is considered out of play.
- If a ball on 1st and 2nd hit goes out of the court, a replay is awarded.
- A volley shall determine first service
- The server can serve anywhere within 3 feet along the back wall
- The ball may not touch the ceiling, back wall or any two walls on the serve
- One side wall may be touched during the serve
- Serving order must be kept prior to the serving
- Server cannot spike or block the ball until he/she loses the serve.
- Blocking, spiking, or attacking a serve is illegal.
American Wallyball Association: Official Rules of Wallyball