Baylor > Campus Recreation > Intramurals > Sports & Schedules > Racquetball
||February 4, 2015
||February 16, 2015
||Pool Play to All-University Tournament
|Location of Games:
||McLane Student Life Center (SLC) Racquetball Courts
||A team is comprised of 1 participant.
- Racquetball is offered as an individual sport only. Therefore, a team is comprised of 1 participant.
- No specific uniform is required to play racquetball
- Must wear closed-toed athletic shoes
- No sandals, cowboy boots, crocs, ect.
- Participants can not wear hats, jewelry, or anything hard on their clothing (zippers, buttons, blue jeans)
- Games are limited to 40 minutes player (team) winning at the end of the time limit is declared winner.
- To win each rally by serving or returning the ball so the opponent is unable to keep the ball in play.
- A rally is over when a player (or team in doubles) is unable to hit the ball before it touches the floor twice, is unable to return the ball in such a manner that it touches the front wall before it touches the floor, or when a hinder is called.
- Points are scored only by the serving side when it serves an irretrievable serve (an ace) or wins a rally. Losing the serve is called a sideout.
- A match is won by the first side winning two games.
- The first two games of a match are played to 15 points.
- If each side wins one game, a tiebreaker game is played to 11 points.
- Games are limited to a 40 minute time limit.
- On the serve, ball must land between the serve line and the back wall.
- Serves landing in front of serve line or hitting the back wall are deemed re-serves
- Team (player) receives only one re-serve per point
- The ball may touch as many walls as probable, as long as it strikes the front wall before contacting the floor
- Team (player) must return the ball to the front wall before it bounces twice on the floor
- Ball can be played directly from air to front wall before bouncing
- If the opponent directly interferes with the other team a replay may be called
- If the opponent is struck with the ball at any time when the other team is trying to return, a point is awarded to the team attempting to return
Tournament will be governed by the USRA Rules. For a complete list of rules visit http://usra.org/Default.aspx?tabid=839.