Baylor > Campus Recreation > Aquatics > SLC Pool > Usage Policies
Pool & Spa Usage Policies
- No running.
- No boisterous or rough play.
- No diving allowed in any area of this facility.
- Children are not allowed to use this facility without Adult Supervision.
- Adults should not swim alone.
- No person with skin, eye, ear, or nasal infections allowed in pool.
- No animals or pets allowed in the pool or on the deck.
- No glass allowed in the pool area.
- Pool is for private use.
- Management reserves the right to deny use of the pool to any patron at management�s discretion.
- Maximum number of patrons allowed in the pool at one time is 338.
- First Aid available in the guard room.
- Use Emergency Call Box to report emergency.
- The pool opens with the opening of the SLC and closes 30 minutes prior to the closing of the SLC.
- Lifeguards have final authority when enforcing rules.
- The maximum number of spa users is 13, and must not be exceeded at any time.
- If you are pregnant, do not use the spa without medical consultation. Hot water exposure limitations vary from person to person.
- If you suffer from heart disease, diabetes, high or low blood pressure or other health problems, do not enter the spa without prior medical consultation and permission from a doctor. Overexposure to hot water may cause nausea, dizziness and fainting.
- Do not use the spa under the influence of alcohol, narcotics or other drugs that cause drowsiness or raise or lower blood pressure.
- Children must be supervised at all times while using the spa. Small children are not allowed in the spa.
- Check the temperature of the spa before entering. Do not use the spa if water temperature exceeds 104 degrees Fahrenheit (40 degrees Centigrade). Lower temperatures are recommended for extended use (more than 10-15 minutes) and young children.
- Enter and exit the spa slowly.
- Keep all breakable objects out of the spa area.
- Do not place electronic equipment (telephone, radio, television, etc.) within 5 feet of the spa.
- Do not operate the spa during severe weather conditions (electrical storms, tornadoes, etc.)
- Do not operate the spa if suction outlet cover is loose, broken or missing.
- Maximum Load: 1 person / 300 pounds.
- Children under 44 inches tall are not permitted on this ride.
- Only one may ride the slide at a time. Parents may not ride carrying children.
- No balls, toys, or other objects allowed on ride.
- All patrons must slide feet first, sitting or lying on their back.
- Riders must wait for the guards� start signal before starting the ride.
- Swim wear with exposed zippers, buckles, rivets, or metal ornamentation are not allowed on this ride.
- Keep arms and hands inside the slide at all times.
- Do not run, dive, stand, kneel, rotate, or stop in the slide.
- At the end of ride, obey all instructions by splash pool guard and exit quickly.
Caution: For safety reasons, pregnant women and persons with heart conditions or back injuries should not attempt to ride the slide.