The Baylor University Association for Information Technology Professionals is a local student chapter of the National AITP Organization. AITP is a professional organization for students planning careers in information systems related professions.
The focus of AITP is to provide students with opportunities to interact with information systems professionals as well as companies in order to build better connections in the industry. AITP also prides itself on helping to create lasting bonds between the students here at Baylor.
If you attend an AITP event, you can automatically become an AITP member.
AITP holds two high quality events per semester. This includes the IS Career Development Dinner and an IS Panel. During these events, industry guests provide career advice and discuss IT trends. Leading companies such as Accenture, ConocoPhillips, ExxonMobil, HP, Phillips66, Sungard and USAA work with our students.
AITP members volunteer in educational initatives and host a social event each semester. Our volunteer activities focus on promoting Baylor University, the business school and technical careers like MIS. We have hosted social events at Cameron Park, the Baylor Marina, and paintball facilities.
To become more involved in AITP, you can join our Facebook pageand follow us on Twitter.
Each April MIS majors can apply to serve as officers for the following school year. As an AITP officer you will plan and host events for MIS majors, faculty and business professionals. Below are current AITP officer positions that you can apply for.
In April, we will accept applications for the Fall 2014 - Spring 2015 school year. Click here to apply.
- President: runs meetings as well as events and organizes the leaders, deals with Student Affairs.
- Senior Vice President: assists the president in running AITP and works alongside the senior leaders.
- Vice President: assists the Senior VP in running AITP and the duties the Senior VP has.
- Vice President of Retention: works in conjunction with the Senior Outreach Coordinator in organizing events that discuss MIS with current and future majors.
- Senior Speaker: leads events, works with outside speakers, and helps spread the word about MIS.
- Speaker: assists Senior Speaker in leading events, working with outside speakers, and help spread the word about MIS.
- Senior Volunteer Coordinator: sets up volunteering at events and works with attendance.
- Volunteer Coordinator: assists Senior Volunteer Coordinator in setting up volunteering at events and works with attendance.
- Senior Social Coordinator: works with president on events and coming with ideas for future events.
- Social Coordinator: assists Senior Volunteer Coordinator in setting up volunteering at events and works with attendance.
- Senior Outreach Coordinator: works in conjunction with the VP of Retention in organizing events discussing MIS with current and future majors in class rooms.
- Senior Program Relations: works with getting the word out about events with MIS majors.
- Program Relations Coordinator: assists Senior Program Relations in getting the word out about events with MIS majors.