PLEASE NOTE: Our application process is currently unavailable and will open toward the beginning of the Fall 2014 semester. This page will be updated when it becomes available, please check back at that time to submit your application!
For initial acceptance into the program, students will need to complete and/or turn in the following:
- Complete the Application Questionnaire on BearsAbroad.
- Click here for Step By Step BearsAbroad Instructions (PDF)
- $500 deposit
- Current passport (if student does not have a passport or it is not current, the process will need to be initiated upon initial application)
- All applicants will also need to meet with the Program Director, Colene Coldwell, to be granted acceptance into the program. Applicants will need to email Professor Coldwell to set up a meeting time.
Once a student has been accepted into the program, the following materials will need to be collected before March 20, 2015:
- Copy of Yellow Fever immunization card
- Complete immunization records
- Passport scan
- Birth Certificate scan
- Release forms (will be sent to students once accepted into the program)
- Payment of remaining program fee balance ($500 deposit will be applied to program fee)
Deposit and program fee checks should be made out to Baylor University and may be turned in or mailed to Colene Coldwell.
Department of Finance, Insurance, and Real Estate
One Bear Place #98004
Waco, Texas 76798-8004
Deposit checks can also be hand-delivered to Colene Coldwell, 3rd Floor Hankamer School of Business, Office 350 in the Department of Finance, Insurance, and Real Estate.
Please note that applications are not currently being considered for 2015. This page will be updated when applications are being considered.
To begin, please follow this link: Apply for the Program on BearsAbroad.
- Click "Apply Now" on the Social Entrepreneurship in Africa page
- Log in with your Bear ID and Password
- Select "May Minimester"
- On your BearsAbroad dashboard, click "Application Questionnaire" and complete all quesitonnaire questions
Please contact Wes Nemec with any questions about BearsAbroad by e-mail or by phone at 254-710-6204.
Acceptance into the program is based (1) review of your completed application, (2) your personal meeting with Professor Coldwell, (3) submission of required materials, and (4) your ability to meet the criteria below. Once accepted, you will receive an acceptance message by email. Your deposit check will be then deposited and your spot will be secured!
Please note the additional criteria for acceptance:
- GPA must be above 2.75. If your GPA is below 2.75, you may still apply but you will not be guaranteed acceptance into the program. Acceptance will be left to the discretion of the program director.
- You must not currently be on academic probation or suspension.
- You must not be placed on academic probation or suspended between the time you are accepted in to the program and the departure date. If you are placed on probation after your spot is secured, you risk losing your spot and forfeiting your deposit.
- If, prior to departure, circumstances arise that call a student's behavior into question, he or she may become ineligible for participation at the discretion of the program director.
If you are not granted acceptance into the program, your deposit check will be returned. If you are accepted into the program and your check is deposited, then you later choose not to participate, your deposit will be forfeited.