Applications to the S3 program are accepted throughout the year, with the annual deadline of March 3, 2017. Preference is given to those applying in the sophomore year prior to spring registration, but applications are considered until the accepted classes are full (N = 38). Please refer to the side bar on the right hand side of this page and click the S3 Application link.
Apply Early: If you expect to be admitted into the Hankamer School of Business at anytime during the next year (Fall 2017 or Spring 2018), apply during the preceding spring prior to the deadline (March 3) to reserve your place in the class of 38. In general, the earlier the application, the better.
- Admission into the Hankamer Business School.
This requires a minimum of a "C" in these courses: BUS 1101/1201/2101, MIS 1305, QBA 2302, QBA 2305, ECO 2306, ECO 2307, ACC 2303, & ACC 2304 and maintenance of a cumulative GPA of 3.0 with 60 earned credits. Transfers must meet these requirements before consideration for admission into the S3 program.
- S3 Club
- S3 Club attendance will be considered as evidence of commitment and passion for the major.
- Completion of the application. Due date: March 3, 2017
- Evaluation of the application essays.
- Timing of submission: Earlier is better, signaling commitment and interest.
- Grade Point Average
- Students must have at least a 3.00 GPA to be considered for the major.
- Initial Interviews: Friday, March 17, 2017
- Each applicant will interview with a team of current S3 majors.
- The interview evaluation form may be found here.
- Secondary Interviews: Monday/Tuesday, March 20-21, 2017
- Based on the recommendations of the interview teams, applicants may be asked to interview with Dr. Wakefield & Dr. Lehnus.
- Acceptance Decisions: March 22, 2017
- Applicants will be notified by email of acceptance decisions.
- Late applications may be considered, but will be subject to the same process of interviews.