Previous Issue - Spring 2011
Successful research often starts with a belief that you will find something that will make a difference. With business schools spending millions of dollars a year to support faculty research, our findings should matter, and at Baylor University's Hankamer School of Business, we have conducted studies that matter for decades.
As professors dedicate years to research, a crowning accomplishment is for their findings to reach others through publication. This issue of Focus features our faculty research that has been featured in top publications such as the European Journal of Information Systems, the Journal of Financial Economics, the Journal of Production Innovation Management and Harvard Business Review. The publication of academic research is a conduit for showcasing potential impact of research, but its actual impact is measured after the research is widely disseminated.
In each issue of Focus, we also highlight faculty research that has reached audiences outside of academia. This thought leadership has inspired change within corporations, industry-supported studies, and practitioners' adoption and implementation of research ideas.
- Judging Research with Impact
- Website Socialness and the Power of (Virtual) Human Connection
- Connecting the Dots Between Monetary Policy and Stock Returns
- Thousands of Readers Drawn to Workplace Wellness Research
- Overcoming Competition Through Creativity, R&D and Patents
- Research Reaching Outside Academia