Welcome to the Hankamer School of Business
We are glad you have chosen to study with Baylor University. You will need to complete a steps prior to starting the online MBA program. Click on each tab below:
- BearID - Activate your BearID (Baylor email account). Baylor staff and faculty will use your Baylor email address to communicate with you throughout your MBA program. Your BearID is not to be confused with the Baylor ID number, which is your nine digit number used to access your individual and financial records via BearWeb.
- Financial Aid - Apply or check the status for your financial aid through Baylor's Office of Financial Aid.
- BearWeb - Activate your BearWeb student account. BearWeb is Baylor's secure online student information system.
- Official Documents - If your offer of admission is contingent upon receipt of official documents, you will not be able to activate your BearWeb account or register for courses until Baylor receives all official documents, i.e. transcripts. Check your goBaylor Grad account to confirm the receipt of all official documents.
*Please note: You may need to wait up to 48 hours after you receive the welcome email before activating your BearID. If after 48 hours you are still unable to activate your account, please contact the Graduate Business Programs office at (254) 710-3718.
Upon Decision to Enroll
- Intent to Enroll Form - Notify the Graduate School in your goBaylor account of your decision to enroll at Baylor University.
- Registration Holds - Click through the following steps in your BearWeb account to view any holds:
- Student Academic Services
- Student Records
- View Holds
- Advising - Academic advising is not required before registering for online MBA courses. If you would like to talk with your academic advisor before registering for courses, please contact Mary Reinhardt, Assistant Director for MBA Students Services, at Mary_Reinhardt@baylor.edu.
- Course Registration - You will register for courses via your BearWeb account.
1) Log-in to BearWeb using your 9-digit Baylor ID Number and PIN
2) Once you are logged into BearWeb, navigate to the Registration area by selecting Student Academic Services > Registration.
3) Click "Select a Term"
4) Click on the arrow to the right and select the next term for the Online MBA from the list of terms. Example: Fall 2014 Term 2 - Online MBA
5) Click "Submit"
5) You should see the two Online MBA courses that are available for that term.
Additional instructions: BearWebRegistration Instructions.
- Financial Settlement - A student's course registration for a given term is not complete until all expenses are paid. A Financial Settlement Checklist and Refund Schedule is posted by Baylor's Office of Student Financial Services.
|Registration Deadline||Payment Deadline||Course Start||Course End|
- Course Offerings - Courses are offered one time per year. You can choose to take one or both courses each term. Courses can be taken in any order. You will want to allocate a minimum of 10 to 12 hours per week for each online course. The Course Registration Number (CRN) is used to register online through Bearweb.
- Textbooks & Syllabi - A list of textbooks for upcoming courses is available online. Syllabi for courses will be available in the Canvas software by the first day class.
|Fall 2014 - Term 1: 9/9/14 to 10/22/14|
|ECO 5415||Economics for Managers|
|ACC 5420||Managerial Accounting|
|Fall 2014 - Term 2: 11/04/14 to 12/19/14|
|CRN 10001||Manufacturing and Service Operations|
|MGT 5410 |
|CRN 10002||Managing for Higher Performance|
|Spring 2015 - Term 1: 1/13/15 to 2/25/15|
|MKT 5410||Strategic Marketing|
|MGT 5485||Strategic Management and Business Policy|
|Spring 2015 - Term 2: 3/10/15 to 4/23/15|
|BUS 5490||Strategic Communication|
|MIS 5450||Managing Information Technology in the Business Enterprise|
|Summer 2015 - Term 1: 5/5/15 to 6/17/15|
|QBA 5435||Business Statistics|
|Summer 2015 - Term 2: 6/30/15 to 8/12/2015|
|BUS 5421||Ethical Leadership|
|FIN 5460||Fundamentals of Applied Business Finance|
Weeks Before Class
- Canvas - Canvas is the software used by Baylor that allows you to communicate with instructors and fellow students within a course. Other features include 24/7 availability of syllabi, assignments, online grades, online attendance tracking, and Internet communication tools. You can access your course materials from any computer with Internet access.
- Orientation - An Orientation course in Canvas is required for all new online MBA students. The course will help you navigate through the software used to deliver each online course. The MBA program will enroll you in the Orientation course after you register for the first course/s in your program. You will receive an invitation via your Baylor email address to access the Orientation course. Or, you can log directly into Canvas.
- Computer Requirements - The minimum requirements for your computer are provided in the Canvas Guide.
- Microsoft Office Software - Students may purchase the Office 2013 Suite through the Baylor Bookstore by emailing Allen Pine at Allen_Pine@baylor.edu or calling his department at 254-710-6973. The cost for the perpetual license including tax and shipping is $21.74. The Bookstore will email the agreement form for the student to complete. Students will need to supply their Baylor ID number as a part of that process. The Bookstore will take payment over the phone and ship to an address provided by the student.